Most new desktops machines and laptops, nowadays ship with pre-installed systems and some come with a special on boot option to recover or to maintain the installed system. Even if your device does not have this feature or if you have lost yours for some reason, in this short article, we'll explain how to make your own first recovery partition, configure your boot settings to post a boot option to launch a boot from this partition, and following that how to hide it.
|your windows installation DVD or ISO.|
|EaseUS Free Partition Manager|
|EasyBCD a dual-boot tool.
Free only for home users
Preparing your HDD Partition map.
in This example made on a clean windows installation using EaseUS Free Partition Manager, what I basically did is that I partitioned the HDD as follows:
|1||350 mb||Primary fs=NTFS||System|
|2||20 gb||Primary fs=NTFS||OS|
|3||15 gb||Primary fs=NTFS||Recovery|
|4||15 gb||Logical fs=NTFS||my stuff|
After creating the partitions as mentioned above, simply copy all the content of the windows DVD to the "Recovery" partition.
Launch the diskmgmt.msc and remove the drive letter for the DVD drive and data partition.
|Partition sizes are up to you to decide, this is just an example as recovery will follow the size of data you intend to have on it. However, the neat order for our project is to start with bitlocker 350 mb partition followed with your main partition on which windows will be installed, followed by the recovery partition and after all that you can put your data partition.|
Preparing Recovery Media with personalized options.
As you are making a recovery partition, it would be useful to lend your self a hand.
In our case here, we are saving the original installation files from the win 8.1 DVD, so we can benefit from an unattended installation, which will free us from:
- making the installation fully automated with pre-defined options.
- install windows with your devices drivers merged and installed.
- tweaked version of windows.
Deploying the boot option for the recovery partition.
Wrapping up Session
- Create recovery partition windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 recovery partition - Best answers
- Create recovery partition windows 8 - Best answers
- Asus recovery partition windows 8 - How-To - Laptop computer
- Create a Desktop Shortcut to Bluetooth Devices on Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Create Desktop Shortcuts to Access Your Apps on Windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 online - Guide
- Remove password windows 8.1 - Guide