It is possible to connect to your PC with a generic controller, a PlayStation, or Xbox controller. This article will show you how to play games on a PC with a controller.
If you play GTA V, for example, on your PC you may find only playing with your mouse and keyboard uncomfortable or limiting. A generic controller will allow you to overcome these issues and explore a new way of enjoying this game.
In order to connect a generic controller to your PC, you will need your device and PC to recognize each other. If the connection is established via Bluetooth, open the control panel to see which devices that your PC can detect, making sure that the controller is both on, and has enough battery. If the generic controller is connected by cable, make sure that you have the drivers for the controller itself. Often you do not need to install anything manually, since these controllers usually come equipped with their own plug-and-play system. If this is not your case, go to the manufacturer's page and locate the driver for your specific controller model.
Good news! The new Xbox Series X|S controller, the Xbox One controller, and the Xbox 360 controller all work on PC without needing to install any additional programs. Simply connect the wired or Bluetooth controller to your PC. We recommend using the built in configuration button on the Xbox controller. That said, you may have your personal preferences which you can edit in the options section. The method used to connect an Xbox controller to the PC is the same as the above generic controller.
Warning: You will notice that the Xbox 360 controller does not work well when you connect it to your PC via Bluetooth. The Xbox 360 controller works better when you plug it in with the cable.
The Windows operating system does not support PlayStation controllers natively, but don't worry, you can connect the PlayStations's various DualShock controllers to your PC and play GTA V by following these steps.
How to use a PS5 DualSense controller on PC?
Connecting a PS5 controller to a PC via a USB-C to USB-A or USB-C cable is the simplest option. You should be able to plug the controller in and have it recognised immediately. If you prefer to go wireless, then you can use the DualSense controller via Bluetooth. To connect your controller to the PC you need to go to the Bluetooth and other devices menu in Windows. From here your can add devices.
How to use a PS4 controller to play GTA 5 on PC?
Download the DS4Windows driver (there are other options but this is our favorite). By downloading the DS4Windows driver, your PC will think that the controller you are connecting is an Xbox 360 controller instead. To install it, you just have to follow the usual steps: locate the compressed file containing the installation package in the downloads folder, run the installer file and follow the process indicated by the PC. The alternative to installing this driver is to buy a wireless USB adapter from Sony.
Tip: When you install DS4Windows for the first time, you will have to choose where to save your settings and profiles. We recommend using the default option (Appdata). Also, if you use Windows 7, remember that you will have to click on 'Install Driver 360'.
How to connect a PS3 Controller to a PC?
PS3 controllers have the same limitation as the PS4 controllers: they are not easily recognized or activated by the PC, so you need to install a driver before use. In the case of the PS3 controller, to connect it to your PC we recommend downloading and installing SCP Server. Once SCP Server is downloaded and unzipped, a folder will be created on your system called PS3 JOYSTICK. All you have to do is open that folder, double-click on the 'Bin' subfolder and launch the app that you will find inside, called ScpDriver. After installation, go back to the 'Bin' folder, connect the PS3 controller to your PC and launch the SCP Server app. You are ready to play.
Warning: Don't forget to uncheck the Bluetooth Driver box, as your PS3 controller will only work with your PC when connected by cable. Also don't forget to check the Force install box.
- How to use controller on gta v pc
- How to use controller on pc gta 5
- How to use ps4 controller on pc gta 5
- PS4 controller not responding: white light, in game, on pc > Guide
- Gta 5 pc 32 bit > Download
- Gta superman pc game download > Download
- How to auto-aim in GTA San Andreas PC > Guide
- How to check battery on PlayStation controller: PS4, PS5 > Guide
- Little Alchemy cheats: all 580 combinations and elements
- Hitman 3 cheats: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, PC, Xbox series X
- Crusader Kings 3 cheats: Steam, Game Pass, immortal
- RGSS-RTP standard: error, not found
- How to recover Need For Speed Underground 2 save files
- Unable to host World of Warcraft 3 LAN game
- The Elder Scrolls 6: release date, location, trailer
- How to remove Steam Guard: mobile authenticator, from PC
- Avakin Life free coins: 2022
- How to turn off cloud sync Steam
- Black Friday 2021 on Steam
- Flash games for PC: download, online, old
- Star Wars Battlefront cheat codes: Xbox, PS2
- Starfield: release date, location, and gameplay
- The best online game stores for PC: Steam, Origin, GOG, etc
- Skate 4: release date, trailer, gameplay and rumors
- Play Hero Wars: online, free, on PC, Mini Games
- The best crossplay games: 2021, PS4 PC, Xbox PC, Swtich
- How to set the maximum ping in Steam
- How to play Among Us: on Mac, on PC, online
- Valheim tips and tricks: for beginners, 2022
- The best indie games sountracks
- Fix registry error loading key Warcraft III\InstallPath
- Steam profile status: checker, privacy settings
- The best horror PC games (2021) for Halloween
- Get and redeem promo codes on Roblox
- Online escape game: free, without flash, with friends
- Play Atari Breakout on Google
- The best free online gaming sites
- Everything you need to know about E3
- Fortnite Halloween 2021: skins, dates, and Fortnitemares
- The best video games of the year: 2021
- DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error: how to fix it?
- Customize updates and background downloads for Steam games
- Resident Evil 8: Village: characters, DLC, VR
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: guide, gameplay, download
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 bugs
- Dota Underlords: cheats and tips
- PlayStation Plus games for May 2022
- Best zombie video games
- Hades guide: tips and tricks
- The best VR games: on Steam, Occulus, 2022
- League of Legends: Wild Rift: champions, release date
- Psychology of video games: why we enjoy gaming?
- Harry Potter video games: for PC, Android, iOS, AR
- Create server: for Minecraft, for CounterStrike
- How to install Minecraft Mods: Windows, Mac
- Nintendo Direct 2022: February
- Offline Android games: download for free
- Everything about Amazon Luna: review, games
- How to restrict downloads on Steam?
- Cyberpunk 2077 refund: Xbox, Steam, PS4
- Fortnite Winterfest 2021: date, skins, map, presents
- Cloud gaming services: Xbox, free, Steam