Unable to get verification code

Ask a question GamerSweety 2Posts Tuesday October 18, 2016Registration date October 18, 2016 Last seen - Latest answer on Oct 19, 2016 06:19AM
I was recently without a computer for about a year or so and eventually saved up enough for a new one. When i tried logging into yahoo it said i had to verify that the account was mine. I assume this is because i have not logged into the account in so long and because i was logging in with an entirely new computer. My problem is the verification process. I attached my phone number to the account so i could have texts sent to it for times like this but i also recently got a new phone and number. I usually never add my phone number to any of my emails for the simple fact that i may not keep my number if i ever buy a new phone. Now i have no way of logging into my account to change the phone number or even add in a secondary email. Is there any way around this? I have tried doing what yahoo help says to do but that had me running in circles. It was no help at all. I use this email for gaming and keeping in touch with gamer friends so i dont have my real life name or info anywhere on it which means customer support wont be of much help to me unless i can verify to them the account is mine by telling them the password..
See more 
moins plus

Quite the sentence to read! Ouf!

Trying to get your account back will always send you in circles.

To recover an account you must have registered, when you created it, and kept up-to-date, a secret question and answer or an alternate email address or phone number. If not, account recovery is impossible.

Also, if there has not been any activity on an account for a period of 12 months, the account is automatically deleted from the server.

E-mail providers take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.
When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

If the Password Helper says my password can't be reset online - If you've tried using the Password Helper and weren't able to get access to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend creating a new Yahoo account.

GamerSweety 2Posts Tuesday October 18, 2016Registration date October 18, 2016 Last seen - Oct 18, 2016 05:23PM
Obviously i already read that if i am turning to this forum for help..and by the way that all is total horse shit because i was able to log into another gaming account of mine that also had not been used in about a year so yahoo can take their nonsense and shove it! I apologize for the irritation in my words but i have been at this all day and i am incredibly annoyed that i cant log in..
Ambucias 33299Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus October 28, 2016 Last seen - Oct 18, 2016 05:54PM
Do you think that there is another way other than what I have described to regain access to your account? I know all the in's and out's of Yahoo, Gmail and Facebook account recovery and always looking for the latest updates is any.

I wrote this faq last month and already 13,000 people found it helpful to recover their Yahoo mail account.

I am not working for Yahoo, I am a volunteer moderator on this forum.

You got a new phone number and did not keep your account up to date.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now, as the British would say, to be polite: "You are marooned up the stream without a paddle.

Your goose is cooked.

I suggest that in the future you would get much further, when frustrated about a game and playing, that you remain respectful.

Remember I tried to read back the answer I got from you.

Add comment
moins plus

If I take your whole post and translate it to one sentence this is what I get:

"How do I hack in to an account without verifying it's my account?"

If it was easy then everyone would have their accounts hacked.

You have taken it upon yourself to become "anonymous" whilst on the internet and in doing so you now need to prove youre someone else.

There is 100% no way anyone but Yahoo can help you get your account back.

Follow Ambucias's link.
Add comment

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!