Deleting your Gmail address will delete your emails and Gmail content but note that it will not delete your Google account, search history, or any other information associated with your Google account. If you need a copy of your emails, make a backup.
How to delete your Gmail address from your PC?
- Sign in to your account and head to the My Account. Under the section labeled Account Preferences, click on the option that reads Delete your account or services:
- Click Delete products. All of your active Google accounts will be listed here.
- Click the Gmail option and then follow the onscreen instructions:
- Click Remove Gmail permanently and verify your selection. You will be asked to provide a new primary email address with which to log in to other Google services (i.e. YouTube).
- Once you've confirmed your selection, you will be sent an email from Gmail with the subject Gmail Removal Confirmation. Click on the link to reconfirm your account removal, and then click on Verify to finalize the removal.
- Your Gmail account will be removed from the server with 48 hours.
N.B. Make sure you made a copy of your emails and important data before deleting it.
How to delete your Gmail account from Android?
- On your Android device, go to Settings > Google > Manage your Google Account.
- Go to Data & Privacy and scroll down to Download or delete your data.
- Tap on Delete a Google service and sign in.
- Tap on Delete next to Gmail.
- Enter another email address (not a Gmail) to receive a verification email and tap on the link you have received.
Finally, your Gmail account and address will be deleted.
How to delete your Gmail account from iPhone/iPad?
You can also delete your Gmail account using your Gmail app on your iOS/iPadOS device.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app.
- Tap on Data and Privacy.
- Scroll down to Data from apps and services you use.
- Select Delete a Google service under the Download or delete your data tab.
- Sing in to your Gmail account.
- Next to Gmail, tap on Delete.
- Enter an existing email address (not a Gmail) to receive a verification email and tap on the link you have received.
- How to delete gmail account
- How to delete a gmail account
- Delete gmail account
- Recover one year old deleted emails [solved] > Forum - Google
- Recovery of permanently deleted Gmail from my phone > Forum - Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser > Guide
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it > Guide
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email > Guide
- What are Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers?
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- How old is my Google account?
- Change profile picture in Gmail: Android, iPhone, desktop
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- What Is Gmail Go?
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail