Sometimes due to a simple configuration problem In Outlook, you may end up receiving the same email over and over again. Here's a simple fix to prevent this from happening.
Why do I receive the same email again and again?
You might receive the same mail on Outlook over and over because of these reasons:
- The mail you are receiving is infected or corrupt.
- Your Outlook settings can be configured not properly. Check if the checkbox "Leave a copy of the messages on the server" is enabled. If so, you can fix it by disabling it in the account settings.
- If you use your Outlook mailbox on different devices (laptop, desktop, cell phone, tablet), you are likely to receive the same email on all devices. To get rid of these emails, simply delete them manually.
Whatever it is, you can set your Outlook account to stop receiving the same email over and over. Here's how.
How to stop receiving the same mail multiple times?
- Open Outlook.
- Click on Tools.
- Go to Accounts.
- Navigate to Mail > Properties > Advanced.
- Uncheck Split message sending over.