Sometimes due to a simple configuration problem In Outlook, you may end up receiving the same email over and over again. Here's a simple fix to prevent this from happening.
Why do I receive the same email again and again?
You might receive the same mail on Outlook over and over because of these reasons:
- The mail you are receiving is infected or corrupt.
- You Outlook settings can be configured not properly. Check if the checkbox "Leave a copy of the messages on the server" is enabled. If so, you can fix it by disabling it in the account settings.
- If you use your Outlook mailbox on different devices (laptop, desktop, cell phone, tablet), you are likely to receive the same email on all the devices. To get rid of these emails, simply delete them manually.
Whatever it is, you can set your Outlook account to stop receiving the same email over and over. Here's how.
How to stop receiving the same mail multiple times?
- Open Outlook.
- Click on Tools.
- Go to Accounts
- Navigate to Mail > Properties > Advanced.
- Uncheck Split message sending over.
- Receiving multiple copies of the same email outlook
- Outlook same email multiple times
- Receiving multiple copies of the same email outlook 365
- Reset Outlook to default settings > Guide
- How to refresh Outlook inbox automatically? > Guide
- Automatic birthday emails outlook [solved] > Forum - Excel
- How to change your Outlook email address? > Guide
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone > Guide
- How to remove profile picture in Outlook?
- Recover Hotmail account: security questions, password, phone
- Change language on Outlook: app, web
- How to disable CTRL + Enter shortcut on Outlook
- Set up out of office in Outlook: Android/iOS app, desktop
- Change Outlook password: on iPhone, Android, desktop
- Turn off hardware graphics acceleration: Outlook, 2019
- How to change back from Outlook to Hotmail?
- Change Outlook keyboard shortcuts: Mac, Windows 10
- What to do when Outlook won't open
- Rebuild the Index file on Outlook 2010
- How to sign in to Hotmail
- Outlook (Hotmail) account blocked or hacked
- How to disable deleted message recovery on Outlook?
- How to configure a BSNL e-mail POP/SMTP settings in Outlook
- Set up the Outlook app: on Android, iPhone
- How to delete Hotmail account?
- How to create a new Outlook account?
- A macro to create folders in Outlook: for specific emails
- How to insert emoji in Outlook email
- How to block attachments from unknown senders in Outlook
- How to open Outlook email in browser
- How to create an account in Outlook
- Unable to connect to Hotmail
- How to log in to Outlook
- How to backup emails in Outlook