Here's a small tip, to have Windows 7 display a custom message as startup (as a pop-up).This manipulation is done via the registry and you should take the necessary precautions beforehand:
- Select Start > Run > then type "regedit" and press the Enter key.
- Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Policies > System
- The next step will invole the modifiaction of two keys
- LegalNoticeCaption - The title of the pop-up menu
- LegalNoticeText- the message content
- These two keys are located in the right pane. Double click on them and edit the value field to your convenience.
- Once done close the registry editor and restart your PC.
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM by Jeff.