You may encounter difficulty finding compatible drivers for Windows 7. In such cases you can try installing the drivers that are compatible with Windows XP. In this article we will show you the necessary steps to take.
- Open that particular driver folder (For example, if your want to install the audio driver manually open the audio driver folder) and find the setup.exe file in the folder and right-click on it.
- Select the option Troubleshoot compatibility.
- Select the option Troubleshoot program.
- Check the check boxes for the 1st and the 3rd options as shown in below image and click on the Next button.
- Select the option Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
- Click on Start the program. The installation process will be started.
Note: After successful installation, it may prompt you to restart the PC with the options "Yes" or "No". Select the option "No" so that you can restart your PC later.
- Select the option Yes, save these settings for this program.
Any more Windows questions? Check out our forum!