The menu bar in Windows Explorer 7 may sometimes not be displayed.This bar which contains options such as File, Edit, etc, makes using Explorer convenient. Thus, the menu bar must be restored. To do so in the Windows Explorer 7, the taskbar
must be accessed from My Computer by pressing the F10 key or Alt
. To keep this bar permanently, 'Always show menus'
must be applied from Folder Options via Control Panel. After this, the menu bar will appear permanently.
The menu bar is hidden by default in Windows Explorer 7. Menus such as: File, Edit, and View are no longer visible by default.
To display these options follow these steps:
- Go to the Start menu and select My computer
- If you press F10 or Alt, the task bar will appear, but it will disappear if you press any key
- For this bar to remain permanently in Explorer, do the following:
- Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > Views
- Tick " Always show menus"
- Click Apply and then OK
This document, titled « Windows 7 - Adding menu bar in Explorer », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM