MacOSX Lion includes a recovery partition that allows you to easily erase all data on your Mac and reinstall your OS without an installation disc. This article will show you how to get started.
Reinstall Your Mac's OS Without an Installation Disc
- keep your Mac powered, during the whole procedure
- your Mac must be connected to the internet
The procedure is as follows:
- Turn your Mac on, while holding the CMD + R keys down
- Select "Disk Utility" and click on Continue.
- Select the startup disk and go to the Erase Tab.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled), give a name to your disk and click on Erase.
- Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
- Re-install MacOSX: click on "Reinstall Mac OS X" > "Continue".
- Follow the on-screen instructions.