This short walkthrough will show you how to change the computer name in Windows 8.1:
- Open the Run tab: (Windows + X) > Run.
- Type the following command and press Enter: "sysdm.cpl".
- Go to the General Tab and click on "Change".
- Enter the new name in the "Computer Name" field.
- Click on OK to validate.
- On the Start Screen, press the Windows key + C to display the Charms bar.
- Click on Settings > Change PC Settings.
- Go to PC and Devices > PC info.
- Click on Rename PC.
- Enter the new name.
Published by jak58
Latest update on October 19, 2016 at 04:50 PM by owilson.