Disable USB Device Connection Notification on Windows 8.1
- Go to the Control Panel (Windows + X > Control Panel).
- Click on Sounds
- Select the Sounds tab.
- Search for the following events:
- Device connect.
- Device Disconnect.
- Select "Device connect".
- Click on the "Sounds" drop menu and select "None".
- Click on Apply.
Repeat the operation for the "Device disconnect" event.
Image: © snig - Shutterstock.com
- How to turn off usb sound
- How to turn off usb connection sound windows 10 - Best answers
- Turn off usb notification sounds - Best answers
- Turn off usb sound windows 10 - Guide
- USB & SOUND hardware driver update ? ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Usb makes sound but doesn't show up - How-To - Windows
- Ps3 usb headphones no sound ✓ - Forum - PS3/PS4
- No sound when watching movies on tv via usb - Forum - Audio
This document, titled « Disable the Sound Notification When Connecting USB Device to Your PC in Windows 8.1 », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM (ccm.net).