Do you want to download a video without having to install any applications or programs
in order to do so. In this article we will present you some online platforms that allow you to save videos from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or any other relevant page, onto your PC or phone, completely free of charge.
You can use various web applications
or add an extension to your web browser
, allowing you to download videos from any site. The downloading time depends on the size of the video and your internet speed.
These solutions do not work on subscription websites, like Netflix or Hulu.
How to Find a Video URL
Regardless of where you want to download videos from, this following method should work.
On your PC
On your Phone
- Enter the page where the video you want to download is located.
- Copy the video URL (the address that appears in the search bar) by right-clicking on it and selecting Copy.
- Go to the website or app where the video you want to download is located (let's say it's Instagram, although it works very similarly on Twitter and other pages).
- Click on the three points at the top right of the video.
Now once you have the link on your clipboard, you will need to go to one of the following websites.
Download Videos With Clip Converter
- Go to Clip Converter and paste the URL in the box that says Multimedia Address. Click Continue. If you get ads close them or use the corresponding button to go back.
- At the bottom, click Start. Once the video is processed, click on Download.
Download Videos With Downloadvideosfrom
- Go to the Downloadvideosfrom website and paste the address of your video in the white box (you will see that it says Facebook but it actually recognises videos from any Internet site).
- Select Download MP4 or Download MP4 HD.
You may need to allow downloads from the website, once you have, the download will begin and be saved in your downloads folder.
Download Videos With a Browser Extension
If you download videos very frequently from your PC, we recommend adding an extension
such as Video Downloader Plus
to your browser if you use Chrome or Video DownloadHelper
if your browser is Firefox. We are going to use the first one, although they all work similarly:
1. Once the extension is added, open the page where your video is and play it.
2. Click the extension icon (a downward pointing arrow that should now have turned blue) and click Download again. Ready!
Where Are the Videos Stored?
If you are on your PC, you will find them in This Equipment> Downloads
. Finding them on your phone is even easier, as they will have been saved in the gallery
along with the rest of your photos and videos.
This document, titled « How To Download Videos Without Software », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM