This article will include a comprehensive guide on how to restore factory settings to a Dell Inspiron computer running Windows Vista or Windows 7. It is important to follow this guide as closely as possible, as the process of restoring your computer is quite complicated. The entire process should take about 10 minutes maximum.
If you are running Windows 10, follow these steps to restore your Dell Inspiron to Factory Settings.
- Click the Start button (the Windows 10 icon), and type Reset
- Select Reset this PC in the System Settings
- Under the Advanced Startup, select Restart now
- In the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to finish the reset process. This could take a while and your computer will restart.
If your computer is currently running Windows XP, you should begin the process by turning on your computer and then pressing and holding the CTRL + F11 keys until the Dell logo appears on your screen.
Next, click the Restore button, followed by Enter. A caution message will appear to notify you about data loss incurred with the factory reset. Click on the Confirm button to proceed.
The Progress window will now appear. Once the recovery process has begun, the Dell PC restore will usually take between 8-19 minutes to complete. Once finished, a nessage that reads, The system recovery process was successful will appear on your screen.
Click the Finish button, or press the any key to highlight the Finish option and press Enter.
Your computer will then restart.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
If your computer is currently running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can begin the reset process by turning on your computer and then pressing and holding the F8 key as soon as the Dell logo appears on your screen. This will take you to the advanced boot menu options. Select the Repair your computer option, and enter your administrative password (if needed).
You'll be met with a list of options. Click on Dell Factory Image Restore, followed by Next. Then click the Yes checkbox next to the reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition option. Click Next again to begin the factory restore.
Once the operation is complete, click on Finish to restart your computer.
Note that if neither option works, this may be an indication that your laptop's factory image defaults partition have vanished (i.e. become corrupt or have been deleted). In this case, you will have to reinstall your operating system with the DVD or CD shipped with your laptop.
Image: © NorGal - Shutterstock.com
- Factory reset dell inspiron
- How to factory reset dell inspiron - Best answers
- Dell inspiron factory reset - Best answers
- How to factory reset dell inspiron 15 - How-To - Laptop computer
- Factory reset dell inspiron mini - How-To - Laptop computer
- How to factory reset dell inspiron 14 ✓ - Forum - Hardware
- How to factory reset dell inspiron 14 5000 series - Forum - Hardware
- Factory reset dell inspiron 1525 - Forum - Hardware