The discussions

Finding a date (n30) in a date range b5:b30 and returning a3text

Solved

Hello, Thank you in advance for helping me... I really appreciate it. I believe I need an =IF formula.... I have a column with different dates ...

3 replies Last reply on 29 Apr 2015 by
MaxStart

Removing false word in excel

Hello! How to remove the false word in this formula and retain only the amount instead? =IF(O50,VALUE(M5)) Thanks!

2 replies Last reply on 29 Apr 2015 by
baren91

After pushing command button on sheet1, sheet 2 auto. opens up.

Hello, I have created a workbook with several pages of Information. One of the pages sheet2 ("Order Form") will figure information. There is a ...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Apr 2015 by
MaxStart

Counting the number of times a cell changes colors and archive

Hello, Hello, I would like to count the number of times a cell goes green and archive it. How can I do this? Thank you for any help you can give. ...

MaxStart

Auto. copy a row of data onto another sheet using conditions

Solved

Hello, I am new to VBA and I have two spreadsheets both in the same workbook. One sheet is full off information the other is a printable form t...

8 replies Last reply on 28 Apr 2015 by
Don't Know

Auto populating multiple sheets

Hello, I have read some of the Qs and As and they are scary if you don;t know Excel. ! Is there not a simple formula for entering data into a sp...

MaxStart

Macros to copy conditional data

Hello, I am beginner in macros and am trying a macro code which does the following. I have 2 sheets by name sheet1 and sheet2, sheet1 consists of...

TrowaD

Amexxx1

Hello, I don't seem to be able to run this simple code; I copy and paste but when trying to run in my General tab by pressing alt+F8, no macro is ...

3 replies Last reply on 28 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Macro to search for a word and put a code on the cell next to it

Solved

Hello, I'd like to scan a column for a certain word ("TOTAL LINE") and put a code (e.g "a") on the cell next to it each time it finds it.In case tha...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Apr 2015 by
A.E

Macro which can be calculated every month rent

I have 400+ agreements and the agreements start date and end dates are different. Also the rent incremental days and incremental percentage are differ...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Apr 2015 by
xpcman

Search functionality,copy and paste

Hello, I am new to VBA and looking for a search functionality macro.I am looking for three steps;- There are three sheets,in sheet one i just cre...

2 replies Last reply on 27 Apr 2015 by
pinkipanchal

Send data from raw data sheet to numerous specific sheets

Hello, Trying to make a document in whcih my laboratory can track the reagents coming in. I have a source sheet, where all the recieved reagent...

1 reply Last reply on 23 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Copying data directly to a specific sheet

Hi there! I am trying to create a spreadsheet in which I can enter information on one sheet and it automatically carries across that info to the c...

vcoolio

Date format

Hello, i have date format like 20131203 (year month day) i want to change it as 03.12.2013. please suggest Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 2...

kieferschild

It can not find the files

Hi i installed your program to fix the corupted files the system can not find the files it dont show in the list how to do that???

Ambucias

A macro to name worksheets based on a list

Hello, btw how to name worksheet without creating new worksheets, i've already have data in each worksheet so i dont need to create a new one.. I ...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Apr 2015 by
nilam28

Macro for blanks

Solved

Hello, Would appreciate help! I have a spreadsheet which I run daily. The number of rows can change each time I run it (ie one day I have 5 rows; t...

3 replies Last reply on 21 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Generate id for cells containing same values

Hello, I am trying to generate the same IDs for cells containing same values and different IDs for cells containing different values I have for e...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

How do i not get the sum of a column when it contains text?

Hello All, I have an excel file in which I am adding the numbers of a column, but sometimes the column I am summing may have text in one of the cells ...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Apr 2015 by
RayH

Date of birth in words

Solved

Hello, How can I enter date of birth in words in Excel?

TrowaD

Help with formula to find/remove if same data in another cell

Hello, I am having some trouble determining a formula that would help me with my problem below. I have a large Excel sheet and am hoping you can ...

TrowaD

Converting macro into function

Hello, How to change the below macro into a function, so that, we could invoke this macro as =image() Sub Picture() Range("A6").Select 'This...

TrowaD

Get value of last cell in column b from a closed workbook

Oh Dear - back again... Im trying to improve a macro I have been working on. It works as far as it goes, but I realsed that data needed to be input...

3 replies Last reply on 17 Apr 2015 by
BrianGreen

Conditional formatting cells a and b based on value in c

Hello, As you can see from picture: I want to fill with red colour cells A and B if value from C is equal with value from A. I want to do this wi...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Apr 2015 by
easyyu

How to find missing text or values comparing 2 cells

Hello, i have data in 2 columns, for ex: Column A: Bearing, Ball, 1/2 in, Cast Iron Column B: Bearing, Ball, Cast Iron by seeing this exampl...

7 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Popup menu with count

Hello, Can you help me with this? I have list of 150 driver's with licence valid upto info in D3:D153. I am trying following things 1. Check if va...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Writing a macro

I am struggling trying to figure out how to move data to a new line by inserting and not copying over other data, plus removing data based on specific...

4 replies Last reply on 16 Apr 2015 by
SabKeel

Macro to copy column, open existing document, paste & save?

Hello, First of all, I'm essentially a VB novice - I've copied and applied a few very basic scripts, but nothing of this magnitude, so any and all...

7 replies Last reply on 15 Apr 2015 by
sarahzim

Transfer data from one sheet to another automatically

Solved

Hello, I would like to populate data on a spreadsheet based on data obtained from another. Is this possible? If so, how can I do this? Example: S...

19 replies Last reply on 14 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Formula with @ in cell

Hello, Could someone please let me know if there is a formula to get a total if row 4, column D is 8 @ 2000 and row 6, column D is 9 @ 2000. The...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Vba code for bank recos

Hi All, Greetings I am looking for a VBA code for bank recons where I want to reconcile cash & bank statements, where i want to move match items...

5 replies Last reply on 14 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Please help resolve this

Hello, =IF(B1=Sheet2!A1,C1=Sheet2!B1) i have a cell in sheet 1 need to write the price from sheet 2 when I put a certain text in sheet 1 Conf...

4 replies Last reply on 11 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Macro for deleting everyother six rows starting with row 7.

Hello, I am trying to use the macro function to delete six rows, skip six row, then delete six and so on. Can you help me? Configuration: Windo...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Conditional formart

Hello, i have like four colums like below Name Age DOB Status AAA 23 XXXX Active BBB 25 xxxx ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Apr 2015 by
venkat1926

Input repetetive data

Hello, I have to input 100 + truck weights, number plates, ticket nrs and loading times. I was wondering if any one had an easy to use template ...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Apr 2015 by
MaxStart

What cell is my data coming from?

Solved

Oh dear - back again ... :^( After you guys help again with VBA. I'm never going to volunteer to try script-writing again! (at least not without...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Apr 2015 by
BrianGreen

Complicatied find and copy cells to new sheet macro help

Hi I am new to excel macros and trying to sort out a large sporting club file. Basically what I want to do is copy all player information from team "X...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Apr 2015 by
MaxStart

Conditional formatting with dates

I am trying to fill cells in a column which contain a date that has already passed. I go to 'Conditional Formatting', choose 'Manage Rules' and click...

MaxStart

Conditional formula - what if

I need to create a what if statement for a workbook. Example below... here's what I need, if Column B has the words "Left Blank" I need for it to ...

MaxStart

Set up a count loop

Hello, How do i set up a count loop Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 41.0.2272.118

2 replies Last reply on 7 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

About comments.

Hello, I have a data in A1 cell and certain information of this data is in other sheet. Now i need a pop-up comments when mouse just moves near...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Apr 2015 by
TrowaD

Transferring information from previous spreadsheet

Solved

Hi everyone, I'm a junior doctor from Australia, and I'm trying to use excel to make my ward management a more efficient process! Everyday we get ...

17 replies Last reply on 7 Apr 2015 by
skreechy

Excel- a macro to copy data from one sheet to another

Hello, Could anyone help me with this. I am trying to write a macro with following criteria. 1. Every week a set of data is entered into she...

vcoolio

Single quote - excel 2007

Solved

Hi, Does anyone know what the single quotation mark ' means when entered at the beginning of a cell? I notice that the quotation mark does not ...

8 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2015 by
FLAWLESSVW

Conditional formatting based on expiration dates

Solved

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to introduce conditional formatting to a range of cells with date values. I want each cell in the range to b...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2015 by
BC

Two criteria to check if a date in excel

Solved

Despite my best efforts going round in circles on a simple problem. Help gratefully accepted.... If say, Cell A1 can have two values - "In" or "Out" ...

13 replies Last reply on 5 Apr 2015 by
vcoolio

Formula to add big number of day to date in excel sheet

Solved

Dear Please advise me how I can creat formula in excel sheet to help me to calculate due payment day for LC. As example I want to add 120 or 180 day...

3 replies Last reply on 4 Apr 2015 by
mgkimmel

Using the last few characters on a different sheet

Solved

Hi All, Me again - I HATE VBA! it is so simple that I get frutrated when I cant get a simple thing right. Im trying to write a VBA script that n...

2 replies Last reply on 3 Apr 2015 by
BrianGreen

How can data automatically go into a calendar created on excel?

Hello, I created a calendar on excel to collect past, present and future data but I wish to run it automatically. I know how to link data from on...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2015 by
RayH

Excel question

Hello, I am looking for a formula for excel: I have three tabs, how to make one cell automatically return to "1" within the first tab; and the cel...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2015 by
RayH
Results 2501 - 2550 out of a total of 7,061