The discussions

Common part numbers on bom

I have many many worksheets within an Excel file. Each one contains a list of components used to make a final product (assembly). This is called a BOM...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jul 2015 by
iotcom

Vba

Solved

I want to append the month name at the end of the tab names in my workbook I have 86 tabs which are named by employee name and every month I want to ...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jul 2015 by
looneybin

Macros or formula?

I have a report to run for work each week. Simply said, I obtain the raw data and need to sort and filter it based on a certain criteria. Then I need ...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Formatting cells

Solved

I'm stuck.... I am creating an invoice of sorts for a company who deals in different currencies. Q1. I have created a drop down list of all products ...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Jul 2015 by
Stace123

Cutting last 10 charecters of a cell and pasting to next cell

Solved

Hi Guys - Im back again with another excel macro problem. I can find all sorts of advice when I google this, but none of it quite matches my needs so ...

4 replies Last reply on 28 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting where 2 statements are met

Hello, I'm trying to use conditional formatting in excel 2010 where if the data in column D is 'In Progress' and the data in column N is a % betwee...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Prepare summary sheet order by items from variuos sheets in work

Hello, I need to prepare a consolidated summary sheet .(Basically Timesheet) The description of the summary sheet as below. 1. A master wor...

7 replies Last reply on 28 Jul 2015 by
laxmi

Search using formula

I have around 10 sheets in excel say sheet name as 1 , 2 , 3 ..... I wanted to search a word in specific sheet and get the Number from the next cel...

1 reply Last reply on 27 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Vba copy and paste range to next empty cell(s) to right

Hello! I'm fairly new to VBA, and I'm new here, so please bear with me as I try to explain what I need. I have a set of data that will be updated on...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Jul 2015 by
micksv

Conditional text based on text in another cell

Hi, I'm trying to format a cell (D2) on Excel 2007 so that when the cell next to it (E2) contains "LFC-0.3", it will say "Downregulated", but if the ...

2 replies Last reply on 26 Jul 2015 by
M.Hanzla

Date

what is the formula to convert numeric date into words in excel

1 reply Last reply on 25 Jul 2015 by
xpcman

Excel formula needed to count a list of names

Solved

Hi This is probably an easy one for the pro's, basically I have a list of names that will change as reports are generated. The report will inclu...

8 replies Last reply on 25 Jul 2015 by
LINA

Automatically copy new survey data to another sheet

Greetings, I'm trying to copy certain cells of data received via an Excel Survey to another sheet. Trouble is, when new data is received, the row num...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Jul 2015 by
vcoolio

Conditional formatting: find text and highlight from other cell

Solved

I have a table with names and number values alternating in a table. I add all the numerical values and highlight based on the total value for each nam...

7 replies Last reply on 23 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Macros to add numbers

Hello, I need to create a button and on every click of that button it should add 1 to it. For Eg first click it should take data as 1 and second ...

1 reply Last reply on 22 Jul 2015 by
vcoolio

Change date format

Hello, I Want to change date format dd.mm.yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy in MS Excel 2010 Please solve my problem urgently Configuration: Windows 7 / Chr...

8 replies Last reply on 21 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Need a macro to searched data in another excel

Hello, I have a requirement , where in in one excel sheet i have data with 5 columns (A, B , C , D , E) now i want to search the excel on data wit...

4 replies Last reply on 21 Jul 2015 by
M.Hanzla

Date format

Hello, In my system date is in dd/mm/yyyy but I required in this format dd-mm-yyyy how it will possible pl let me know Configuration: Win...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Condition formatting on changing cell color based on another cel

hi, wanted to check if it's possible to do condition formatting on cell color based on another cell's text. For example I have cell A1 with Text Pa...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jul 2015 by
Mazzaropi

To copy data to other workshet by suming the value based on co

Hello, I am having table like below with large data in DATA.xlsx file Pls see attached file for table details My requirement is to selec...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jul 2015 by
ashishvb

Auto populating from one spreadsheet to another

HI there, this is my first question and I am hoping someone can help me please. I am setting up a database in excel and I am an basic to intermedia...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Jul 2015 by
vcoolio

Need formula to populate total sales for each employee by month

Hello, Im working on a spreadsheet and i cant come to a formula that works for me. I want to total the amount of apples each employee sold e...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jul 2015 by
Mazzaropi

Get data present in row1 of sheet1 copied into row1 of sheet2

Solved

Hello, I need to get data present in Row1 of Sheet1(Central OPD) to be copied into row1 of Sheet2(Departmental OPD) based on Department Column of Sh...

11 replies Last reply on 15 Jul 2015 by
vcoolio

Copying rows to certain worksheet

Hello, I think i can accomplish this without a macro but can figure it out. I have a project list on sheet1, I would like to copy a projects row to...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jul 2015 by
vcoolio

Last value in a row

Hello, I want a cell which is a summary of the entire row values, but it should display the latest value in the row.Suppose I have entered a value a...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jul 2015 by
Mazzaropi

How do you specify a different location to save the file to?

Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me how to save this file to a different location than where the current file is saved? Configuration: ...

TrowaD

Sheet in which the next column gets automatically filled

Hi I need an excel sheet in which the next column gets automatically filled the moment existing cell is filled.Suppose, I have 10 employee names and ...

TrowaD

Generating alphanumeric code

Sir, Can anybody help me in writing vba code for excel to generate alphanumeric code having first entry as L,P,G,T(based on a condition), next four...

3 replies Last reply on 13 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Formula - if c2 is not blank, and b2 is blank, then copy c2 to

Solved

Hi all - Am looking for help on formula - I want excel to look at cell C2, then if it has anything (text or numbers), then to look at cell b2. If ...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Jul 2015 by
Eirualmac

Macro that copies a worksheet, renames it and copies data

I am trying to create a macro that when I select an option from the dropdown list in cell E3 it creates a copy of another sheet in the workbook. ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Transfer data and then apply formula

Solved

Hello, I have a rather large spreadsheet which records the data from a number of different branches on each separate worksheet (labelled as "branche...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2015 by
Hydro

Command button (vba) to update a record.

Hello, I have created a userform for searching & adding records to a worksheet, but as I am completely new to VBA I am stuck. I wish to create a bu...

5 replies Last reply on 8 Jul 2015 by
iceberg51

Convert date into words(english) in excel 2003 or 2007

Hello i want to know how to convert date into words(english) in excel 2003 or 2007 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Two April Twenty Tw...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jul 2015 by
xpcman

Macro to copy/paste specific range every 3 rows

Solved

Hello, I am beginner in VBA and now have an Excel sheet with about 4000 rows, where I could need a macro. I already recorded a macro for the fi...

2 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2015 by
Isa

Need urgently to find a macro in excel report across sheets

Solved

Hi, Anyone a solution? I need a macro that will do the following: 1. Search for a word, a number, ... across all the worksheets in the workbo...

6 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2015 by
moisdois

Change cell by clicking on another cell

Hello, I'm looking for a Macro/Formula to change value of a cell to (the row of the original cell I click on - 2). Is this possible? Cheers al...

5 replies Last reply on 7 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Excel challenging - please help

Good Day Everyone. I'm stuck on the below situation and your help will be much appreciated. Let's call as: Worksheet] 1: WorkSheet]...

4 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2015 by
gutoazuk

Conditional formatting based on another cell

Hello, I'm trying to make a budget spreadsheet and want to format the cells if there is an omission. If a value has been entered into cell C3 ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Jul 2015 by
Mazzaropi

Need automatically changed amount percentage.

Hello, I need to help to ms excel sheet PERCENTAGE% 0.25 ENTER AMOUNT PERCENTAGE% 25,000.00 AUMATICALLY CHANGE 300000 AUMATI...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Jul 2015 by
Mazzaropi

Count if rows contains specific year

Hello, I need to count how many rows contains a date with a specific year, but with the following doesn't work: =COUNT.IF(D3:D3394;"*2014") I cha...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Jul 2015 by
Mazzaropi

Insert a row after "," in a cell

Hello, I have a 2 columns such as below: Name Rules John T3456,T4567,T6799 Cersei T5643,T4532 I would like to have a macro that...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jul 2015 by
TrowaD

Checkbox

I'm trying to use an Excel worksheet to take attendance. I've been able to find a solution using Apple's Numbers, but not so with Excel. Any ideas?

TrowaD

How to convert number to word in excel using formula

Hello, HOW TO CONVERT NUMBER TO WORD IN EXCEL USING FORMULA Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 43.0.2357.130

TrowaD

Copying text to different sheets based on criteria

Hello, I have a large speradsheet that records activity. I want to copy a row of items from one sheet to another if the status is 'done'. The if...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Jul 2015 by
Ronster444

Apply a number to differentiate cells with same value

Hello, Can someone help me please? Here is my issue. So I have a long list of memberships. The issue I have is that I have one primary member that ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Jul 2015 by
xpcman

How to convert date into words(english) in excel 2003 or 2007

Hello i want to know how to convert date into words(english) in excel 2003 or 2007 for eg. 22.04.2010 - convert it into Twenty Two April Two Tho...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
sankar

Create multiple workbooks in a particular format from a table

Hi, I want to create a macro wherein I can create multiple workbooks in a particular format from the data from a master table in a excel workbook. ...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
TrowaD

Error trying to populate new worksheet using macro

Solved

Hey everyone, I've been working on a macro to create a new worksheet based on the information entered into a column of a "data" worksheet which pop...

AmitMehta96

Add string only if a text is present in a cell

Solved

Hello, i have this string =CONCATENATE(MID(B5;1;1);".") i use to have the initial of a name like this: from "Name" to "N." but some fields have no...

6 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2015 by
Deloro

Copy cell from another sheet where cell is value...?

Solved

Hi, Is it possible to copy a cell from sheet 1 to sheet 2 where (for instance) sheet 2 A1 is same value as a cell in sheet 1? What I have is: sh...

wzshop
Results 2351 - 2400 out of a total of 7,061