The discussions

Excel frame a do while loop or macro

Solved

Hi All, Could anyone help me to frame a Do While Loop or a suitable macro? I need a method to copy formulas present in Cells F10 to Q10 in She...

13 replies Last reply on 9 May 2010 by
madambath

Excel macro to select the latest date

Hi, I have a excel sheet with 6 sheets (1,2,3,4,5,6). The macro for the excel sheet would select all the rows with status 'In Progress' in column P...

5 replies Last reply on 9 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel date format to be change

WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE THE DATE 07.05.2010 TO 07-05-2010 FORMAT

1 reply Last reply on 8 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Insert rows with data when criteria is met

Solved

Hi, Thanks in advance for your help. I have two tables. If a field in table A is chosen, I want a macro which will insert rows of the data listed ...

1 reply Last reply on 8 May 2010 by
venkat1926

How to map excel files to a common excel file

EXCEL: I need to extract certain columns from different active worksheets (4-5 files) into one summary worksheet. The exact column headings may or may...

1 reply Last reply on 7 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Copy comments from sheet to sheet

I am using this formula: =IF(ISBLANK(Master!A1),"",Master!A1) If A1 on the 'Master' sheet has a comment, how can I bring it to the sheet I am u...

5 replies Last reply on 7 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Input a range of cells

Solved

If i want to highlight a row of cells in red to show a lead is dead say A1 to E1, buy inputting "lose" in E1 I now have the formula =$A$1="lose" whi...

9 replies Last reply on 7 May 2010 by
andy

Help with counting in excel with a condition

Hi, I would like Excel to count a range of non-blank cells and enter the number but if all the cells in the range are blank, I'd like it to fill in w...

1 reply Last reply on 7 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro assistance

Solved

I have a spreadsheet that has data ranging from C3:C263. Workbook is 'GSU CAS Transactional Upload', Sheet is called 'Alliance Upload' I need to...

4 replies Last reply on 7 May 2010 by
DCecil07

Spreadsheet comparison

I have a project that I am working on. Although the example uploaded is very simple, it's what I am looking for. I have a Master 'Sheet 1' and a Val...

6 replies Last reply on 7 May 2010 by
DCecil07

Excel macro to repeat and insert rows

Solved

I am trying to write a macro that will insert rows as follows: Col 1 Col2 Col3 1 S 456 2 A 222 3 M ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Help i am making a macro in excel

I am trying to creat a macro. I have a Graph on its own chart page. I want to be able to click on a box on the graph page and have it take me to the...

rizvisa1

Macro for array vlookup to worksheet

Solved

Looking for help with a quick macro please. I have four tabs in the workbook: Datadump - contains daily raw data to clean Central - Accou...

14 replies Last reply on 6 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Move rows to a new sheet

Hi, I have an sheet with thousands of rows. I am looking for a way to move all the rows that have similar data in the cloumn A feilds. Hope it is ...

rizvisa1

Need help with excel message pop up

Solved

I need Excel VB help to show a message pop up box to display whenever the value is below 10 or greater then 50 that's also not a multiple of 5 Con...

6 replies Last reply on 6 May 2010 by
Trowa

Excel help

I have two different Excel files, one with a complete list of serial numbers and one with some of the same serial numbers and also some that may not b...

3 replies Last reply on 6 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Creating a graph in excel using drop downs

I have a file, that we are tracking leads. In the file, we have several components, but 2 specific components I'd like to graph. We have a Date Colu...

Trowa

To find cells with same values

How to find cells with the same values in column 'A' ,how to add values of the corresponding cells of column ' L ' and put sum in column 'M' ? ...

rizvisa1

Updating data in two+ worksheets

Solved

I have a question, I just created a spreadsheet with 8 tables which contain a deferent data and with Autosum column on each table and I created als...

rizvisa1

Macro that shows the contents of a range

Hello, I'm trying to create a macro that would show the contents of a range of cells. I would like to assign this macro to the botton on the forms...

rizvisa1

Need help in excel...

Hi All, I need to populate the columns(multiple columns) of excel with the values from the previous non - empty column. The problem I am facing is...

2 replies Last reply on 6 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Macro to insert rows on click of a button

I am trying to auto populate a list one below the other on the click of a button. A sample sheet of what I am proposing can be found at the followi...

1 reply Last reply on 5 May 2010 by
Alex

Help sorting an excel sheet

what formula or marco could I use to allow employees to just bring up their data on a spread sheet using their ID IE Col. D is all the IDS F and...

3 replies Last reply on 5 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Bringing in 1 row - in excel

A B C 1 ND=5127558 NE =007-09-092 00426638 2 TY= KLA+ SR3 3 CAT= CAC17 1 ND=3...

3 replies Last reply on 5 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Pls help me with excel formula!

Solved

Dear excel experts, I have a dataset of A1:A15. I want to make a formula stating that if 10 cells of the range A1:A15 are greater than or equal 2 ...

2 replies Last reply on 5 May 2010 by
xcel

Recovering downloaded excel

I downloaded an excel document to my pc laptop from my school website(schoolloop) and made changes to it and then deleted it from the site folder(My L...

2 replies Last reply on 5 May 2010 by
closeup22

Reference number in excel

Hello! I have two sheets in a workbook, Sheet1 is for summary with reference number (reference number is alpha-numeric), Sheet2 is the raw data. Is t...

rizvisa1

How to display add'l rows based on dropdown

Hi, I am trying to create a template with a series of questions with responses of Yes or No. A Yes answer would require further information. If th...

rizvisa1

Locked cell and setting set focus in excel

Hello Guys, How can I locked certain cell/s in excel? I've tried the "Protect Sheet" but all cells in my worksheet were locked. Also, I want to defin...

rizvisa1

Matching multiple columns & highlight matches

Hello, I need to match related columns A and B to comparison columns D and E. A and D are assigned codes and will be compiled of random letter, numb...

venkat1926

Rearranging data to another sheet in excell

The excell in which i am having consists of lot of data. I need to get few particular calues out of it to another sheet. Ex.) Male ...

1 reply Last reply on 4 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel formula

in a separate cell, i have a number. If that number is greater than 11, i want a certain entry. if that cell is >6

1 reply Last reply on 4 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excel (searching, finding and returning)

Hi I have not yet learned how to write working excel formulas very well, and I was looking for a short bit of help... I would like an arbitrary...

3 replies Last reply on 4 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Excell value error

Would you be so kind as to evaluate the formula and see what I did wrong. It returns a VALUE error. I tried the evaluator, but im not clear where th...

1 reply Last reply on 3 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Combining data from 2 worksheets

I have 2 worksheets that I am working with. They have very similiar information, but what I would like to do is combine them. The common factor is t...

rizvisa1

Excel-macro to auto populate value in cell

Hi, I am new to Macros.I would really appreciate if someone can help me with the following problem. I have created a validation in Column c a...

Alex

Copy & paste filtered columns

Hello, Since changinging to windows 07 I can't work out how I can copy & paste in a filtered column without losing the formating of individual cell...

Sid

Excel multiple functions in one cell

Thanks for the help on the formula. I have one more for you. I would like one cell to look at four different arguments and return the result. Wha...

rizvisa1

Execute macro on calculated cell change

Have tried several approaches, but nothing works Have a cell that has a formula and changes based on other cells - want to execute a macro when ev...

5 replies Last reply on 3 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Print macro for a cell list

can you help to create a print macro for excel that will print the sheet continually after updating each time from a cell on a different sheet Config...

rizvisa1

How i can choose some number from the excel

dear all, I am working on excel, situation : I have write different item names in one coloumn say coloumn a, and all the disciption of these items ...

Trowa

Multiple sheet formatting based on cell info

I have multiple spreadsheets. I want to creat a formula/format so that when I color a particular cell on the first sheet, any cells on subsequent she...

1 reply Last reply on 2 May 2010 by
venkat1926

Macro to select & email

HI, I have been trying hard to read all the posts here and find a solution to my problem but am not able to do so.. I have attached an excel ...

4 replies Last reply on 2 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Browser and address bar

When I click on my internet explorer on my desk top and go to my home page theres no address bar at the top of my page there to put anything in like t...

3 replies Last reply on 2 May 2010 by
alice xxx

Ms excel 2007 version

Hi, does anyone know where I can find "Tools" in using 2007 version of spreadsheet? Thanks very much^^

1 reply Last reply on 2 May 2010 by
closeup22

Compare columns macro

Hello, What I am trying to do is come up with a macro to compare 2 columns of data in sheet 1, columns A & B. One is a master list, and another is ...

3 replies Last reply on 1 May 2010 by
rizvisa1

Wifi 2gb netbook internet browser not working

I bought a 7inch, 2ghd, 300RAM...netbook from ebay last week and connect it to LAN! The network is connected and I can sign in MSN too but everytime I...

1 reply Last reply on 1 May 2010 by
arjen20

Excel error message

Configuration: Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0 I've suddenly begun getting an error message when trying to export a Quickboos report to excel. Th...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Apr 2010 by
Sharma

In excel date,help to take time part away

Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0 hi i have query im not able to take time part from date and as below 29/04/2010 10:30 AM, i need...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Apr 2010 by
rizvisa1

Transfer tally data to excel for editing

i want the technique with which i cn transfer my tally data to excel sheet Configuration: Windows XP / Safari 532.5

1 reply Last reply on 29 Apr 2010 by
sharpman
Results 5801 - 5850 out of a total of 7,061