- Leave a group silently: Some of the group chats where we take part in keep a special place in our hearts. Nevertheless, other groups may be irrelevant to you. From August 2022 you will be able to leave a group chat anonymously, without ringing a bell to other group members. The only person who will be notified about your exit is the group administrator.
- Manage who can see you online: Previously, all of your WhatsApp contacts were able to see when you are online. This was of course fine with regards to your friends and family, but sometimes it can be nice to check your WhatsApp privately. This new feature allows you to select who can and who cannot see when you're online.
- Screenshot blocking for View Once messages: In 2021, WhatsApp rolled out the popular 'View Once' functionality, making it possible to share photos and videos that disappear from the chat as soon as they've been opened. Starting August 2022, WhatsApp has added an extra layer of protection to this feature by disabling the possibility to take screenshots of those temporal media files. This way it has become impossible to create a permanent record of those photos and videos intended to be viewed just once.
An announcement was published on the WhatsApp blog, in which the company specified that it still has no access to the content of users' correspondence, and, accordingly, will not pass it on to third parties: "WhatsApp was built on a simple idea: what you share with your friends and family stays between you. This means we will always protect your personal conversations with end-to-end encryption so that neither WhatsApp nor Facebook can see these private messages. It’s why we don’t keep logs of who everyone’s messaging or calling. We also can’t see your shared location and we don’t share your contacts with Facebook".
It also said that "We're also going to do a lot more to clear up the misinformation around how privacy and security work on WhatsApp. We’ll then go to people gradually to review the policy at their own pace before new business options are available on 15 May."
It is important to say that user data has already been shared between WhatsApp and Facebook since July 2020. However, until that time, it was possible to choose whether or not to have your information distributed, but this is no longer allowed.
- Improvement of the delivery system and security;
- Suggestion of friends, groups and new connections;
- Content customization;
- Display of more relevant ads;
- Assistance in completing purchases and transactions.
Another new feature implemented in the 2021 data policy is the integration between Facebook services and WhatsApp to use Facebook Pay to pay for purchases made by WhatsApp. WhatsApp was purchased by Facebook in 2014. At the time, the company issued a statement saying that user privacy would be maintained, but from 2021 onwards this is no longer the case.
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web > Guide
- How to update emojis: on Android, on iPhone > Guide
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile > Guide
- You have guessed the code too many times. Please contact customer support for as [solved] > Forum - WhatsApp
- WhatsApp Aero 2022 > Download
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, phone
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- WhatsApp voice changer: app, iPhone, male to female
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp contact?
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list (2022)
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to create Memoji in WhatsApp?
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- WhatsApp vs Telegram: users, features, privacy
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: sound, for specific groups
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, from photos, videos
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- ICQ vs WhatsApp vs other messaging apps
- How to video/audio call via WhatsApp desktop app?
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: from Android and iPhone to PC
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- Protect WhatsApp account: with password, fingerprint
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2022, privacy, video call
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Send photos on WhatsApp: without compression, on iPhone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- How to use different fonts in Whatsapp
- How to convert voice messages into text on WhatsApp