Dark Mode is a new common feature being added to devices and apps that converts your screen to a dark background. It has several benefits such as improved battery performance and reduced eye strain, plus it looks pretty sleek. Whatsapp has finally joined the ranks and is now offering a dark mode to its users. We'll show you how to activate it on your device.
How to set up dark mode in WhatsApp?
To activate the new Dark Mode on Android you need to at least be running version 2.20.64 of WhatsApp, which normally should be installed on your device if it’s up to date. If this is not the version you’re running, update WhatsApp. As well as that, your device needs to be running Android system 9 and beyond.
Users running Android 10 can activate Dark Mode in system settings. It will then be applied to all apps on the phone, including WhatsApp. To do this go to Settings>Display & Brightness and then select Dark Mode.
For users operating Android 9 you’ll find the option in WhatsApp itself. Open the app and go to Settings > Chats > Select Design > Dark.
On iPhones and iPads you need iOS 13 for Dark Mode. Like with Android 10, you activate Dark Mode via system settings. You need to go to Display & Brightness and select Dark Mode .
How to add dark mode for older Android operating systems?
If your device is only compatible with an older version of Android, then unfortunately you cannot set Dark Mode directly in WhatsApp. There are some work arounds though to achieve the same effect:
Change the chat background
The simplest method to achieve a ‘fake’ Dark Mode is to use one of the dark backgrounds for your WhatsApp chats. Open the app and go to Settings. Then select Chats > Chat Wallpaper> Solid colours > Black/Dark purple. Keep in mind that this setting only changes the colour of your chat window. The remainder of WhatsApp will still appear in the default colours:
Download a dark mode app
There are a few apps specifically designed to apply dark mode to applications on your phone. We suggest Swift Black Substratum Theme, an Android app that allows you to apply dark mode overlays to the apps you want, choosing from their selection of over 200 templates.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- Snapchat dark mode android
- Filezilla dark mode
- Change The Scribus Theme
- How To Change the Notepad++ Background Color
- Notepad change background colours [solved] > Forum - Windows
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Send photos WhatsApp: iPhone, without compressing, Android
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone