Whatsapp is one of the worlds favourite Instant-Messaging services. Not only can you send text messages, you can also send voice recordings, pictures and videos. In this article, we're going to show you how to format the text messages you send using different fonts.
Write in bold font on Whatsapp
To write in bold font, launch Whatsapp and open a chat.
Type your message into the text box and put two asterix stars at the beginning and end of the text you want to be in bold *like this*. The text will automatically be in bold font in the message field before you send the message.
Writing text in italics
To write in italics, you need to put an underscore and the beginning and end of the text to be formatted _like this_. As in the case above, the text will appear in italics in the text box before you click send.
Writing strikethrough text
To create text that has a line through it (text that has been crossed out), you will need to place your desired text between two tildes ~like this~. As before, you will see the modified text before sending the message.
Writing text in Monospace
If you want to
monospace your message, place three backticks on both sides of the text ```like this```:
Change fonts using shortcuts
If you prefer not to do everything manually there is of course a simple option using shortcuts on Android and iPhone:
Tap and hold the text you're entering in the text field, then choose BI U:
You then select the modification you want to use from the menu (see below).
As you will notice, all photos here are on iOS but WhatsApp offers the same service on Android devices. Instead of clicking the BIU symbol to choose your modifiction, you click the 3 bars at the right of the menu after highlighting your text and proceed from there.
- Desktop PC App font size > Forum - WhatsApp
- Set the default font size on Twitter: for Android, PC, iOS > Guide
- Gb whatsapp download > Download
- Whatsapp offline > Guide
- Whatsapp download > Download
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, phone
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to change voice on WhatsApp: app, iPhone, male to female
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to delete WhatsApp contact?
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list (2022)
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to create Memoji in WhatsApp?
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- WhatsApp vs Telegram: users, features, privacy
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: sound, for specific groups
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, from photos, videos
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- ICQ vs WhatsApp vs other messaging apps
- How to video/audio call via WhatsApp desktop app?
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: from Android and iPhone to PC
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- WhatsApp's new policy 2022: safe or not?
- Protect WhatsApp account: with password, fingerprint
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2022, privacy, video call
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- Send photos on WhatsApp: without compression, on iPhone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Create a Poll on WhatsApp group chats: Android, iOS
- How to convert voice messages into text on WhatsApp