With the latest WhatsApp update, as of 2021, some smartphones will no longer be able to support the app and it will cease to work. Either the app will expire, or it will keep running but will have recurring errors. In this article, we will list the smartphone models that won't be compatible with the latest WhatsApp update.
What are the incompatible Android models?
At this point in time, it is certain that the new WhatsApp update won't be available for the following models and in the bizarre case it is, there will be recurrent issues:
- LG Optimus Black
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Motorola Droid Razr
- HTC Desire
Nevertheless, it is possible that other older Android models might develop issues and end up on the list. To be certain that the latest WhatsApp update will work well on your phone, make sure you have Android version 4.0.4 or later installed on your phone. If your smartphone cannot support the latest version of Android 10.0, it is possible that this will also present issues with the latest WhatsApp update.
Note: Some Samsung mobiles use the Tizen OS. Instead of the Google Play Store, they use the Tizen Store. As of October 2020, you can longer download WhatsApp from the Tizen Store because it is no longer supported in the Tizen OS. You can also no longer update WhatsApp in the Tizen Store. It is not possible to download WhatsApp for Tizen phones.
What are the incompatible iPhone models?
On the iPhone side of things, there are also some models that will not be able to update to the latest WhatsApp version. Apple devices need at least iOS 10, but this has been the case since March 2021, when WhatsApp stopped supporting iOS 9. This meant that the iPhone 4S was no longer supported.
A list of smartphone models that are no longer compatible with the WhatsApp update to November 1, 2021 circulates on the Internet. The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus as well as the iPhone SE (1st generation) also appear in this list. According to Apple, however, the devices can be updated to iOS 11 and thus also support the WhatsApp update. So in fact, no iPhones are affected by the WhatsApp update on November 1, 2021, but only Android devices.
To ensure the functionality of the latest WhatsApp update, it will be imperative that your iPhone runs iOS9 or later. The update will also be compatible with smartphones running the KaiOS 2.5.1 and later operating systems, these include the JioPhone and JioPhone 2.
What happens if WhatsApp stops working on my phone?
If your smartphone model is incompatible with the update, WhatsApp will send you an alert informing you the date when the app will stop working on your smartphone. From that moment on, two things may occur. Either you will not be able to open WhatsApp on your phone as the latest update cannot be installed and the current version will have expired, or, you will manage to install the latest version but it will be plagued with constant errors.
Before WhatsApp stops fully working on your smartphone we recommend the following:
- If you do not want to lose your chat history; make a backup copy! This will allow you to restore all of your conversations in your new smartphone, with date, time and files.
- If you do not want to make a complete backup copy, either because you don't have enough space on your smartphone or you're not interested in keeping all of the conversations, you can export specific conversations you want to keep, with or without the associated multimedia files. Make sure to keep up with the latest updates on IOS and Android to avoid losing valuable information and get the most out of your smartphone.
- Sprint technical support phone number
- How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages to a New Phone Without Losing Data
- How to Recover Your Hotmail Account
- Does the whatsapp support straight talk samsung galaxy [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Download WhatsApp on my Nokia E72 [solved] > Forum - Nokia
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile