With the latest WhatsApp update, as of 2021, some smartphones will no longer be able to support the app and it will cease to work. Either the app will expire, or it will keep running but will have recurring errors. In this article, we will list the smartphone models that won't be compatible with the latest WhatsApp update.
What are the incompatible Android models?
At this point in time, it is certain that the new WhatsApp update won't be available for the following models and in the bizarre case it is, there will be recurrent issues:
- LG Optimus Black
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Motorola Droid Razr
- HTC Desire
Nevertheless, it is possible that other older Android models might develop issues and end up on the list. To be certain that the latest WhatsApp update will work well on your phone, make sure you have Android version 4.0.4 or later installed on your phone. If your smartphone cannot support the latest version of Android 10.0, it is possible that this will also present issues with the latest WhatsApp update.
Note: Some Samsung mobiles use the Tizen OS. Instead of the Google Play Store, they use the Tizen Store. As of October 2020, you can longer download WhatsApp from the Tizen Store because it is no longer supported in the Tizen OS. You can also no longer update WhatsApp in the Tizen Store. It is not possible to download WhatsApp for Tizen phones.
What are the incompatible iPhone models?
On the iPhone side of things, there are also some models that will not be able to update to the latest WhatsApp version. Apple devices need at least iOS 10, but this has been the case since March 2021, when WhatsApp stopped supporting iOS 9. This meant that the iPhone 4S was no longer supported.
A list of smartphone models that are no longer compatible with the WhatsApp update to November 1, 2021 circulates on the Internet. The iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus as well as the iPhone SE (1st generation) also appear in this list. According to Apple, however, the devices can be updated to iOS 11 and thus also support the WhatsApp update. So in fact, no iPhones are affected by the WhatsApp update on November 1, 2021, but only Android devices.
To ensure the functionality of the latest WhatsApp update, it will be imperative that your iPhone runs iOS9 or later. The update will also be compatible with smartphones running the KaiOS 2.5.1 and later operating systems, these include the JioPhone and JioPhone 2.
What happens if WhatsApp stops working on my phone?
If your smartphone model is incompatible with the update, WhatsApp will send you an alert informing you the date when the app will stop working on your smartphone. From that moment on, two things may occur. Either you will not be able to open WhatsApp on your phone as the latest update cannot be installed and the current version will have expired, or, you will manage to install the latest version but it will be plagued with constant errors.
Before WhatsApp stops fully working on your smartphone we recommend the following:
- If you do not want to lose your chat history; make a backup copy! This will allow you to restore all of your conversations in your new smartphone, with date, time and files.
- If you do not want to make a complete backup copy, either because you don't have enough space on your smartphone or you're not interested in keeping all of the conversations, you can export specific conversations you want to keep, with or without the associated multimedia files. Make sure to keep up with the latest updates on IOS and Android to avoid losing valuable information and get the most out of your smartphone.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!
- List of blackberry phones that support whatsapp
- Blackberry whatsapp 2021
- Blackberry whatsapp
- WhatsApp > Download
- How to remove contact from blacklist: Android, on Samsung > Guide
- Best games on BlackBerry: download, play > Guide
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone > Guide
- Download WhatsApp on my Nokia E72 [solved] > Forum - Nokia
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- WhatsApp voice changer: app, iPhone, male to female
- How to delete WhatsApp contact: not in address book, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to create Memoji WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, stickers
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Send photos WhatsApp: iPhone, without compressing, Android
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, iPhone, on PC
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: for one group, sound
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp vs Telegram: users, features, privacy
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to protect WhatsApp: with Password, with Fingerprint
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2021, privacy, video call
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp