Occasionally problems can arise when you want to download or send media files on WhatsApp. The causes can be diverse and range from a lack of Internet connection on your mobile device to a defective memory card. In this article we explore various causes and solutions to file sharing problems.
What to do if you can't download or send media files on WhatsApp?
The first thing to do, is to check that you have a secure and strong internet connection-either wifi or 3G/4G/5G. To test this, try loading a web page on your smartphone. If this does not solve your issue, make sure that the date and time on your app are displaying correctly.
Verify microSD card storage
You should make sure that you have enough free space on either your microSD card or on your device's internal memory. Usually if there is not enough space, your device will alert you to a lack of memory space and cite this as the reason you are unable to download larger files. You can delete some files or data stored on the device that you no longer need, if necessary.
Set the microSD card to read-only
If you are specifically having problems downloading files, make sure that your phone's microSD card (if it has one) is not set to read-only. You can test this by trying to save a media file outside of WhatsApp. If successful, this means that you do not have this setting activated. If you are unable to test this, change your memory card's security settings or try deleting some files from the WhatsApp folder on the card.
After following these steps, you should restart your device. Once the restart is complete, you should no longer have trouble downloading WhatsApp files. If the problem persists, a portion of the microSD card may be damaged. To fix this, make a backup of your data and then format the SD card. If the problem persists after you have tried all of these solutions, you should look into replacing the microSD card with a new one, as it may be defective.
- Can't send this media choose a different media
- How to send large files with WhatsApp
- What Is an Apk File and How to Install One
- How To Share files with UTorrent
- Increase download speed of torrents [solved] > Forum - Downloading
- How to send file in messenger
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, iPhone
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: Android, to iPhone, to PC
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile