Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
WhatsApp Messenger comes with a few useful archival capabilities that allow users to essentially "hide" conversations in their conversation feeds, without permanently deleting them. Check out this article to find out how to hide your conversations for privacy. This article will teach you how to use the WhatsApp Archive function.
How to hide a WhatsApp conversation on Android?
- Head to your conversation feed, tap, and hold the conversation you want to hide. A pop-up menu will be displayed.
- Tap Archive Chat to hide it from the view.
- WhatsApp also enables you to archive your conversations in just one step.
- To do this, tap the Menu button > Settings. Next, go to Chat Settings > Archive all chats.
- Click OK to archive your conversations.
How to hide a WhatsApp conversation on iPhone?
- Go to your chats screen, and scroll to the conversation you want to archive.
- Next, slide your finger across the chat moving from right to left.
- Tap Archive to hide your conversation.
- iPhone users can also choose to archive all of their conversations at once.
- Simply launch WhatsApp, and head to Settings > Archive All Chats.
How to restore archived chats on WhatsApp?
Unarchive WhatsApp Chat on Android
- Once any chat is archived, you can find the hidden chats by scrolling to the bottom of the Chat screen.
- Tap to view and restore any of your archived chats
- To unarchive a chat, do a long press on any conversation > Unarchive chat
- Your conversation(s) will immediately be restored to your feed.
Unarchive WhatsApp Chat on iPhone
Any archived chats will automatically unarchive upon receipt of a new message from that chat. However, you can manually unarchive a chat by searching for a contact name or message from that contact.
- Go to your Archived Chats screen, and slide your finger across the chat, moving from right to left.
- Tap Unarchive to restore your chat.
Need more help with WhatsApp? Look at our forum!