Perhaps you've received a WhatsApp voice message before, but were unable to listen to it at the time. This happens quite often, but you'll be glad to know that you can convert WhatsApp Voice Messages into text in a few seconds. You can do it on both Android and iOS devices, and in this guide we'll fill you in on how to convert your messages.
How do I type a voice message on WhatsApp?
Indeed, every user knows how to send voice messages to WhatsApp. But not everyone knows you can dictate messages and quickly convert them to text.
- Keyboard dictation function on iOS
If you're using the regular iOS keyboard on your iPhone, you can take advantage of the included keyboard dictation feature.
- Typing a voice message on Android: Google Keyboard
You can convert voice to text on your mobile phone or android tab if you have Gboard (Google Keyboard) installed on your device. It is usually pre-installed on many new smartphones. If not, install Google Keyboard first.
Open the WhatsApp app.
Open the message window where you want to write a text message. Press on it.
In Gboard, press and hold the microphone icon.
When you see the Speak Now option, dictate your message.
To include punctuation marks in a message during voice typing, say the name of the specific punctuation mark while dictating. For example:
I can dictate a comma, and can you dictate a question mark (I can dictate, and can you?)
What are other Speach-to-Text apps for WhatsApp?
There are also third-party apps that allow you to convert your WhatsApp voice messages to text easily. While they're not always 100% accurate, they come very close and provide a reliable readout.
- Convert WhatsApp Voice Message on Android
If you're an Android user, there are several apps you can use to convert your messages. We recommend checking out Speechless, Speech To Text for WhatsApp, or Transcriber for WhatsApp. These apps are very similar and allow you to transcribe voice messages into text and also allow you to share or forward the transcript.
- Convert WhatsApp Voice Message on iOS
We recommend checking out Speech To Text for WhatsApp if you have an iPhone. It works similarly to the previously mentioned Android Apps. You can also try the Audio to Text app, it costs $1.19 in the App store.
How to listen to WhatsApp messages discreetly?
While voice messages allow you to communicate faster, it can be challenging to listen discretely without headphones if you're in a crowded place. However, you can also keep the volume lower and hold the speaker on your phone directly to your ear.
- How to convert whatsapp voice message into text
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile > Guide
- How to send voice message on facebook without messenger > Guide
- Listen to voice message on whatsapp without sender knowing > Guide
- Whatsapp girl voice message download > Guide
- Messenger won't play voice messages [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- Group video call on WhatsApp: desktop, web, phone
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to create WhatsApp contact shortcut: iPhone, Android
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- How to delete WhatsApp contact?
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- ICQ vs WhatsApp vs other messaging apps
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list (2022)
- How to create Memoji in WhatsApp?
- How to delete WhatsApp account: permanently, without phone
- WhatsApp vs Telegram: users, features, privacy
- Recover WhatsApp messages: without backup, iPhone, Android
- Send photos on WhatsApp: without compression, on iPhone
- How to see starred messages in WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- Hide WhatsApp conversation: Android, iPhone
- How to block contacts on WhatsApp: iPhone, permanently
- Turn off WhatsApp notifications: sound, for specific groups
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- Create stickers for WhatsApp: online, from photos, videos
- How to video/audio call via WhatsApp desktop app?
- Protect WhatsApp account: with password, fingerprint
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to share location on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp: video call, on iPhone
- How to Schedule messages on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- Change WhatsApp background: iPhone, color, for one contact
- How to send large files with WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- How to reduce WhatsApp storage: Android, iPhone, data
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to delete WhatsApp messages: for everyone, permanently
- How to change WhatsApp privacy settings: iPhone, Android
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- Create a Poll on WhatsApp group chats: Android, iOS
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- The best alternative to WhatsApp: 2022, privacy, video call
- How to enable on disappearing messages on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp's new policy 2022: safe or not?
- How to backup WhatsApp chat: from Android and iPhone to PC
- How to change WhatsApp group privacy settings
- How to turn on dark mode in WhatsApp: iOS, iPhone, Android
- How to use different fonts in Whatsapp