Windows 10 comes with a brand new web browser called Microsoft Edge, which is also the new operating system's default internet app. With its streamlined interface, improved ergonomics, and wide range of features, Microsoft Edge certainly provides more appeal than its predecessor, but for users who are still keen on using Internet Explorer, here's how to find and run the web browser.
How to run Internet Explorer via Microsoft Edge?
- Open Microsoft Edge and navigate to the desired webpage.
- Click on the More actions menu and select Open with Internet Explorer:
- The selected webpage will open in Internet Explorer.
How to find Internet Explorer with the Run command?
- Press [Windows] + [R] to open the Run command.
- and press Enter to validate:
How to find Internet Explorer via the Search box?
- Click into the Search box and type in Internet Explorer.
- Select the application when it appears.
- The IE shortcut can be pinned to the Taskbar or Start for easier access.
How to open Internet Explorer with Cortana?
If Cortana is enabled on your PC, you can use the personal assistant to open Internet Explorer by simply saying, "Hey Cortana. Open Internet Explorer":
How to set Internet Explorer as the default web browser?
- Open Internet Explorer using one of the proposed methods.
- Click on the Tools menu > Internet Explorer > Programs tab.
- Click on Make Internet Explorer the default browser.
- Click on OK to exit the Internet Options.
How to create a desktop shortcut for Internet Explorer?
There's a simple method to get the Internet Explorer back on your desktop. Open the Run tab and run the
command to open Windows 10's Application folder:
Right-click on Internet Explorer > Create Shortcut.
The Internet Explorer shortcut will now be available on the desktop.