Are you unable to launch Safe Mode in Windows by pressing F2 or F8 at start-up because your laptop or PC boots almost instantaneously? This article will show you how to boot in Safe Mode from the start screen.
How to Access Safe-Mode?
- From the Start Screen, press WindowsKey + C to access the Charm Bar.
- Click on "Change PC settings".
- For Windows 8 : Go to the General section > Advance Start up > Restart Now.
- For Windows 8.1: Go to the Update & Recovery section > Recovery.
- Under "Advanced Startup", click on "Restart Now".
- A new screen shall be displayed > Select "Troubleshoot"
- Select "Advanced options":
- Click on Windows Startup Settings:
- In this window you will have a summary of the different startup options > Click on Restart PC.
- In the next window simply tap on the Function key (F1-F9) corresponding to the Safe Mode.
- Open the "Run" menu and type the following command "msconfig.exe".
- Go to the "Boot" tab
- In the Boot options section, select "Safe boot".
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- Restart your PC to access the Safe Mode.
For the last method, we are going to use the EasyBCD software.
- NB: THIS ONLY WORKS FOR TRADITIONAL AND NON-UEFI BIOS!!!
If you are using UEFI you can achieve the same thing with the EasyUEFI software.
- Download links:
- Download and install EasyBCD.
- Launch the program
- Click on "Edit Boot Menu".
- Clear the "Skip the boot menu" checkbox.
- You can also choose on which OS to boot by default (Dualboot configuration).
- You can now close EasyBCD.
- Restart your PC.
Photo by Tadas Sar on Unsplash
- Toshiba satellite safe mode windows 8
- Toshiba safe mode - Best answers
- Toshiba safe mode windows 8 - Best answers
- How to start lenovo laptop in safe mode windows 8 - How-To - Laptop computer
- God mode windows 8.1 - How-To - Windows 8
- Safe mode windows 7 dell ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- Toshiba satellite factory reset windows vista ✓ - Forum - Laptop
- Safe mode windows 10 from bios - How-To - Windows