Even after being rebranded from Hotmail to Outlook, this email service remains one on the most popular, and is accessed by millions of people around the world everyday. If you are having trouble accessing your email account or are unable to open your inbox, it may be indicative of problems with your security settings, or even an issue with your internet cache. In this article we show you several solutions that you can use to restore access to your account.
N.B. All Hotmail users were migrated to Outlook.com back in 2013. However, you should be able to use your Hotmail username and password in Outlook.
Unable to Open Outlook Inbox
Fix Date and Time on PC
It may sound odd, but if you're having trouble accessing your Outlook account, it could very well be because the date on your PC needs to be set properly. If your computer system's date settings are incorrect, it may be causing some confusion in the Outlook server. Double-click on your PC's clock to verify that your date and time are set correctly; make adjustments, if necessary.
Clear Internet Explorer Cache
Another solution is to clear your Internet Explorer cache and cookies. You can do this by launching Internet Explorer and clicking Tools > Delete Files >Delete Cookies.
Change Internet Explorer Security Settings
If the above two options don't work, you should try checking your Internet Explorer security settings. You can do this by:
- Launching Internet Explorer and clicking Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.
- Scrolling to the Security section and verify that the Check for server certificate revocation option is unchecked. The Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options should be checked. Now, click OK.
- Next, click Start > Run, and enter the following code:
. Click OK, and then restart Internet Explorer. Try logging in again to your Outlook account.
If problems persist, you should try to contact Microsoft Customer Service.
- Hotmail inbox
- Open hotmail - Best answers
- Hotmail won't open - Best answers
- How To Access Emails Using Hotmail - How-To - Hotmail
- Hotmail inbox not opening ✓ - Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com
- How to stop ads in hotmail inbox - How-To - Hotmail
- Hotmail Inbox Issue ✓ - Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com
- Hotmail inbox deleted ✓ - Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com