MSConfig allows you to configure Microsoft Windows.
To use MSConfig to speed up your computer's startup, go to the Start menu, then click Run.
Click msconfig, then confirm by pressing [Enter] on your keyboard.
In the window that opens, click Startup tab, which shows the list of programs that are active at startup. Unclick each of the programs, except for your antivirus and your firewall.
All of your programs will still be accessible once your computer has started. However, they are useless at startup and their launching simply slows down the process.
Microsoft has launched BootVis, a program that allows you to easily optimize the startup of your computer.
To use BootVis, you must first download the software.
To run an analysis, launch the program and click the Trace menu, followed by Next boot and Driver. Bootvis will prompt you to restart the computer. After rebooting, Bootvis is restarted automatically and displays statistics on the booting activities of the computer in graphical form.
You can optimize the startup process by clicking Trace menu and selecting Optimize System.
Disabling the Windows Logo at Startup
You can speed up the startup of your computer by disabling the Windows logo at startup. To find out how to do so, see our article on removing the welcome logo when starting Windows.
- How To Speed Up PC Startup
- No signal on pc startup - How-To - Hardware
- Speed up pc delete temporary files - How-To - Hard Disk Drive
- Pc startup black screen - How-To - Monitor
- Single beep on pc startup - How-To - Computer Architecture
- Need for speed underground pc download full game highly compressed - How-To - Need for speed