The Windows 7 operating system expired on January 14, 2020. After this date users are no longer able to receive updates or customer service support. 37% of PC users are still using Windows 7, and they will now have to upgrade to continue using their PCs securely. In this article we will explain everything you should know about Windows 7's expiration in 2020.
What Happened in January 2020
Since January 2020, there has no longer be support for Windows 7. This means that the computers using the operating system will continue to work, but no longer receive new patches or security updates, and will no longer include technical service. To avoid security problems and incompatibilities, users should upgrade their PCs to Windows 10 or simply switch to another operating system .
In response to this, Microsoft offers different solutions, some free and some paid. For example, users of Azure, Microsoft's cloud platform, can use Windows Virtual Desktop for free, although migrating to that system in the cloud is relatively complex and the most basic users might have a hard time migrating successfully.
On the other hand, Microsoft also offers the possibility of obtaining some extended security updates, specially designed for companies that fail to update their systems before January 2020. This option will cost "approximately 75%" of the price that the person or company was paying for their Windows 7 license, Microsoft explained:
Image: © adrianhanou - 123rf.com
- Windows 7 expired
- What happens when windows 7 license expires - Best answers
- Windows 7 expired what to do - Best answers
- This certificate has expired or is not yet valid windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- Xvideoservicethief 2019 linux ddos attack free download for windows 7 - Forum - Facebook
- Xvideoservicethief 2018 linux hdd usb ports not working windows 7 - Forum - Hardware
- Probleme après une restauration du système Windows 7 ✓ - Forum - Windows 7
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD ✓ - Forum - Downloading