A little known secret, but it is actually possible to download YouTube videos on your PC or smartphone even without installing an extra application or program! In this article we have put together the best online services and programs to download your favourite videos so that you can enjoy them whenever and wherever, even without an internet connection.
Note: Remember to inform yourself of copyright laws in your country to avoid any illegal downloading.
How To Begin
On a PC
1. Open YouTube and find the video you want to download.
2. Right-click on the video URL (the link that appears in the search bar) and copy it.
On Your Phone
1. Launch the YouTube app and find the video you want to download.
2. Click on the share icon (the arrow) located at the top of the video.
3. In the menu that opens, click Copy Link
You should now be ready to use one of the following options:
Download Videos Using KeepVid
1. Go to the KeepVid
website, right-click or long-click on the white box and select Paste. Then click Download.
2. Wait a few seconds while the download is processed and then once completed, select the format in which you want your video to download.
Download Videos Using Savefrom.net
1.Go to the savefrom
website. Once there, paste your link into the white box at the top of the page. Your URL will be automatically processed.
2. Click Download
. If any ads pop up, you can block or close them and this will not affect your download.
Download Using Bitdownloader
1. Go the Bitdownloader
website and paste the link into the white bar and click Download
2. Select the format in which you would like to download and save your video.
Download Videos Using AmoyShare
1. Go to the AmoyShare
, enter your URL in the box provided and click on the magnifying glass
to launch the process.
2. Click on Download
to download your video and then select your audio and video quality. You can either download in a lower quality straight away or download their app and download your video in HD.
Download YouTube Videos Using Software on Your Computer
Below we've listed some options to download YouTube videos also using software downloaded on to your PC
. This can be useful if you have a lot of videos to download or if you also don't have a great internet connection, want to bypass your internet browser
and would prefer to watch the videos at a later time.
Download Videos Using iTube Studio
1. Download iTube Studio for Mac
2. This program includes a browser that allows you to explore several video hosting platforms and bookmark your favourite finds So select your platform (in this case YouTube), and follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with your download. As with other programs, you can also select the format in which you want to save your download.
Note: This is suitable only for Mac users.
Download Videos Using aTube Catcher
1. Download aTube Catcher
. You can use aTube Catcher to download videos from various platforms so be sure to enable downloads from the platform of your choice.
2. Then choose the download format that suits you. However, be careful with the additional tools that the software suggests during installation.
Download Videos Using Wise Video Download
1.Download Wise Video Downloader
2. Wise Video Download is simple to use and you can either enter a video's URL or search for videos to download using the built-in video search feature.
Download Videos on Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome
and head to the extensions page
2. Next, click Add to Chrome
. In the warning message that appears on screen, click Continue
3. Once installed, head to YouTube and find the video you'd like to download. You will see that a new Download
button now appears below your video player. Select the option, and then choose your file type. Videos will download just like any other file on Google Chrome.
The same extension is also available for Opera
. You can download it here
and follow the same procedure as described above.
Download Videos Using Your iPhone
1. First, install Files - File Manager & Browser
(formerly Downloads Lite) to your iPhone.
2. Open the application and via its interface go to YouTube. Now select a video of your choice and then click the video link. In the menu that appears, click the Download
Where Are The Videos Stored?
If you have downloaded the videos to your PC, they will be stored in the Downloads folder on hour hard drive unless you selected another folder during the download process. If you have downloaded using your phone, you'll be able to access them in your photo and video galleries.
N.B. In some countries, like the United States, downloading content for which you do not have permission or that you do not own is illegal and punishable by fines, prison, or both. CCM takes no responsibility for any consequences that may result from the illegal downloading of content from the Internet.
Image: © YouTube.
This document, titled « How To Download YouTube Videos », is available under the Creative Commons
license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM