Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 11, 2019
- Jun 4, 2019 at 11:37 AM
Hello,

I had my Yahoo account since 18 Years old. I logged into my account after like a year or 2 at max on 29 May 2019.
WHen I logged in A messaged Poped out that your account is being made as it is logged in after 12 months. And when It opened everything was gone.. I had emails of 18 years and everything in it..

Now, I want it back. What is the best way to get it back. I emailed on the yahoo help but they won't reply me. Plus, I see messages on the Help site that messages deleted older than 7 days cannot be retrieved back.

someone can help your this friend over here.. guys.
those emails are very very very important to me.

hoping for your cooperation guys..
See more 

2 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 11, 2019
Thank you
Hi,

Accounts that have been inactive for more than 12 months will be automatically deleted by Yahoo. By signing into your account, you have cancelled the deletion process.

The only way to recover missing or deleted emails is to send a restoration request to Yahoo. If this doesn't work, you will unfortunately not be able to recover the missing emails.

Say "Thank you" 1

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 6169 users have said thank you to us this month

HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 11, 2019
249 -
To prevent the deletion of your account, you must log into your account at least once every 12 months.

Your emails have been deleted because your account has been inactive for 1 year, and has started the deletion process. Yahoo will never delete your emails in other cases.

You can contact Yahoo using this contact page or via their Twitter account.
farhajr
Registration date
Friday May 31, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2019
-
I went to their twitter account and contacts pages but could not find a reliable contact or information where I can get my problem solved.

Can you help me out more in this matter.
HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 11, 2019
249 -
Yahoo has no other contact options. Try to contact them via the links I gave you. You can also try these steps to find your emails.
farhajr
Registration date
Friday May 31, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2019
> HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 11, 2019
-
Those steps I already did.. they were not that helpful.
Can you help me with clues or an awesome essay or asking them to use data recovery program that after Yahoo reads it does something about it and helps me out..
@HelpiOS.. I badly need my emails back.. I was under some tough circumstances that I couldn't log on to my all Mails.. not just this Yahoo.. so, help out your friend here...
HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday October 30, 2015
Status
Contributor
Last seen
November 11, 2019
249 -
As Ambucias confirms, there is no other way to recover your emails.

Sorry for the bad news.
Respond to HelpiOS
Registration date
Friday May 31, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2019
Thank you
Thank you for the answer. Helpios

I already went to that Restore page and submitted it.

I have more to ask you. Can you please let me know the following:

1) Those Emails were very extremely important to me.. 18 years of data.. I could not log in for a long time due to some circumstances.
2) And Now that only 2 days have passed since I last logged in, and not yet completed 7 days... are their any chances of retrieving the data.. yahoo gives 1 TB of space for what if it has to delete all the data on it's own without giving the permission to do so.
3) Can you or anyone else has Yahoo's email or whatsapp whom I can contact and ask for my query.
Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 29, 2019
13093 -
Hi

Yahoo like all other email client does not have direct contact, it's all automated; they could not handle direct contacts.

Yahoo like other email client is the worst place to keep data as Yahoo often makes a sweep to delete old emails.

You were given the only possible way to recover your emails.

Sorry
farhajr
Registration date
Friday May 31, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 1, 2019
> Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 29, 2019
-
Thanks for the answer Ambucias..

1) Since when did Yahoo become like that... doesn't care about the emails and people's data ...that's really sad..!!

2) Now, what do I do with all my previous information.. how to retrieve it..

3) If, I offer Yahoo money would they listen and try in retrieving my data.

4) You said Yahoo is bad in keeping data, what do you suggest about Hotmail and Gmail and other mail clients.. how do they behave with people's data..
Ambucias
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 29, 2019
13093 -
I don't think that it will be possible to retrieve your data, HelpIOS gave you the only mean.

When mails are deleted they are also deleted from the servers and no longer exist, they are destroyed so even if you get to contact Yahoo and offer money you can't recover what is no longer there.

Hotmail (now Outlook.com) and Gmail are not any better.

The best way to keep emails is to use your Internet Service Provider's email service.

Best regards
Respond to farhajr