The discussions

Macro to move rows in excel automatically

Hello, I need to create a macro for Excel2010 that moves one to two rows of information to a preceding row and adds each row as a set of new colum...

9 replies Last reply on 25 Nov 2012 by
excelhelp33

Covnvert numbers to single words

Solved

Hello, In excel 2010 i would like to convert numers to words i.e. 123.00 (one two three point zero zero) or 1006235.23 (one zero zero six two thre...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Nov 2012 by
venkat1926

Leaving a cell blank if one value of the formula is blank

Hello, I was making a template to be distributed to multiple receivers. Since the template is blank and must automatically count the number of day...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2012 by
MelyElly

Using multiple if functions with data validation

Hello, Im trying to create a pull down menu with data validation, however for example if M4 = VT-901 then I want to be able to select a size 1080,...

5 replies Last reply on 21 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Compare and copy data from one column to another

Solved

Hello, I'm trying to compare column A in Sheet 1 with column A in Sheet 2, then copy corresponding values in column N from sheet 1 to column N in ...

4 replies Last reply on 20 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Excel mini challenge

Hi, I need to compare 2 versions of the same data which reside on 2 different worksheets (within the same workbook). On the first sheet (the...

3 replies Last reply on 19 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

Forluai

Hello, I am using Microsoft office as well excel, I am not expert in excel. Could you give a favour for its formulas and their applying tricks and...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Nov 2012 by
venkat1926

Ms office excel

Hello, HOW DO I FIX A FORMULA TO CHECK THE FOLLOWING: IF YEAR "2012" AND MONTH "FEBRUARY" THEN NO. OF DAYS IS 29 OR ELSE 28. FOR JANUARY, ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Excel formulaes

Solved

Hello, If there are two conditions, how to use the IF formulae. Regards

3 replies Last reply on 16 Nov 2012 by
lancymenezes

Help on generating a number series using a macro

Solved

Hello, I would appreciate your help with a macro I am trying to create in Excel 2010 my Data is as below Column1 Column2 Column3 (Name) (start nu...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Nov 2012 by
venkat1926

Hide rows meeting multiple criteria and search for unique values

Hello, While hours reading posts and forums have increased my knowledge of VBA in which I can create parts of the following request I am still unab...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Nov 2012 by
venkat1926

Conditional formating a word within a sentence - resent

Greetings, I am trying to highlight a word in red or blue that is located with a sentence in excel. The word "Reversal" exist in several sentenc...

3 replies Last reply on 14 Nov 2012 by
aquarelle

Dynamic range and named ranges

Solved

Hi, I have a list of students in Sheet 1,2,3 where being updated regularly. They are named ranges "Boys" & "Girls" in Column A & B respectively. In...

8 replies Last reply on 13 Nov 2012 by
iloco

Excel 2003

Hello, Can you help me, I am trying to write a conditonal formula in Excel 2003 that goes something like: If current date is 6mths from date o...

3 replies Last reply on 13 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

Complete payroll computation

Hello, i would like to learn how to do payroll transactions. can you help me? thanks Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 23.0.1271.64

1 reply Last reply on 12 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Compare 2 cells in different worksheet and place the value

Hello, I am not expert in excel, and i need help to use a formula to compare 2 cells in other worksheet and fill the value in a blank cell if it is t...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

Delete certain data from excel

Hello, Im playing with big numbers of data in Excel. I want to do data cleansing process. How I want to delete certain rows that unnecessary anymore...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Nov 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel dates

Hello, I have two excel sheets. In sheet one i have certain dates associated with certain IDs. In sheet two i have certain dates associa...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Calculate sales

Hello, I want to keep track of my sales.I have four columns.Below is excel data. Show only one day at a time. Date X Y Z 08-11-1...

2 replies Last reply on 8 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Macro - add row, auto fill text and formulas with relative offss

Hello, I have very big problem and I can't find answer for it. Maybe You can halp me. 1. In Sheet "Intro" I have row (5), in wich are formulas:...

7 replies Last reply on 8 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

Compare dates in excel

Hello, Hello, I have two excel sheets. In sheet one i have certain dates associated with certain IDs. In sheet two i have certain da...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

If row in column contain word, insert text next column

Hello, I have an excel files, and in column B I have a file path, but if it contains a specific word like "proprietary" I need to insert into the ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Multiple data in one column

Hello, How do I plot multiple data in one column? Example: I submitted 10 for today. So my column chart will show a column with a value of 10...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Nov 2012 by
diestra123

Multiple data in one stacked column

Solved

Hello, i am trying to plot a column chart and I want multiple data to appear in one column. example: I am plotting all the submitted inspections...

3 replies Last reply on 7 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Matching columns in one spreadsheet

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that has last names in column A and first names in column B. Somehow they no longer match. For instance -Mary Smith...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

Formula 3 books open in excel

I have 3 books open in excel (Book 1) I would like to make my template. (Book 2) is a spreadsheet of stores. (Book 3) is a spreadsheet of opera...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Nov 2012 by
Zohaib R

Array example to remove duplicates entry

Hi there, I have three column for lookup and i used combination of all there as a primary key to look into master sheet. want to remove the dupl...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Nov 2012 by
TrowaD

Creating a macro

Hello, I am trying to remember how to create a macro that will allow me to compare values in column A from sheet 1 to column A on sheet2 and if th...

3 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Matching similar data in 2 columns

Can any super Excel guru help me please? I am trying to find out the same item from 2 different database: I have 2 columns of product code, for exa...

4 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2012 by
Zohaib R

Vba for deleting data in row but not formulas

Solved

Hello, I am working on a spreadsheet where I have to copy data over to a new sheet, once the data is copied I want to delete the data in the row f...

7 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2012 by
Debs269

Drag the mouse

Hello, i could not drag the mouse. how to do drag the mouse to down, what are the settings ? Configuration: Windows XP / Firefox 16.0

1 reply Last reply on 31 Oct 2012 by
sathya1999

Automation of running excel macros

Solved

Hello, I have a macro in excel which needs to be run twice a day and I dont even want to open the excel sheet. How can I make this process automati...

11 replies Last reply on 31 Oct 2012 by
Aurorian

Help in writing vba macro excel

Hello, I wish to write a macro for following: 1. Delete entire rows if column L or column M contain DATE. 2. Move deleted entire rows to other...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Oct 2012 by
TrowaD

Comparing two cell in different spreadsheets

Solved

Hello, I'm currently struggling to do the following: Spreadsheet A Sheet1 Name Expenses Date ...

5 replies Last reply on 29 Oct 2012 by
narley7

Insert x number of rows below based on value of x

Hello, I have in Cell (B,3) a count indicating number of rows to be inserted below without deleting values in subsequent cells, in cell (B,4) anot...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Search & copy function (macro)

Hello, First of all, i will thank all who reads this question. And such a good forum. I have a question regarding a Macro. Basically i have...

9 replies Last reply on 28 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Comparing two lists of id numbers in excel

Solved

Hello, thanks in advance for reading this. I have a list of student ID numbers which I would like to use as a student check-in. Column A is the num...

3 replies Last reply on 28 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Update cell value by command button

Hello, I would be very grateful if someone can help me in the following issue. I have excel sheet with almost 300 rows. One of the columns I fil...

7 replies Last reply on 23 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Reminder in ms excel 2003

Hello, I would like to add reminder which displays reminder message once it opens. Onething I dont know the VB or something extra programming soft...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Oct 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel i want to sum only numeric values except alphabetic values

Solved

Hello, in a school resultsheet where each student having numeric values of their marks in 5 subjects.i am using formula =D6+F6+H6+L6+P6 for total ...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Oct 2012 by
soni17177

Change cell color based on input in a range of cells

Solved

Hello everyone, I have formatted a cell based on a specific text entered in one cell. Example, A1 will turn green if I write "yes" on B2, using cond...

2 replies Last reply on 22 Oct 2012 by
diestra123

Nested if's

Solved

Hello, I would appreciate if somebody could help me in solving this problem. I am trying to make exel decide in an scheduled soccer games which team ...

3 replies Last reply on 21 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Excel date format won't change

Solved/Closed

If I enter a date into a cell in my Excel spreadsheet using the shortcut (CTRL+;), I can no longer change the formatting (right-click, format cell). T...

13 replies Last reply on 19 Oct 2012 by
Peaches

Activechart.seriescollection

Hi, Guys! Can anyone help me with this code below. I want to make the range of the ActiveChart.SeriesCollection to be from $C$3 to my last cell wit...

2 replies Last reply on 19 Oct 2012 by
leuroyz

Pop up reminder

Hello, 5 day Pop up reminder for excel in vba that runs in excel 2007 I'm new to this hope you can help Thanks djandpj Configuration: Windo...

3 replies Last reply on 18 Oct 2012 by
TrowaD

Macro to merge rows but keep column data

Hello, I am new to this and I have seen there a number of questins regarding merging rows in Excel. I hope someone can help with this one: I h...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Macro - predefine column id

Hi There, in order to add more flexiblity, I want to predefine the column criteria/search column ID at frontend ie in excel sheet and use it at ba...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Excel,problem with if function

Solved

Hello, i am working with excell with follwing formula- =IF(H33>=75,"A",IF(H33>=60,"B",IF(H33>=45,"C",IF(H33>=33,"D",IF(H33>=0,"E",IF(H33=AB,"E"...

4 replies Last reply on 17 Oct 2012 by
soni17177

Excel drop down / formula help

Hey Everyone, I am looking for some help with this formula. I have a spread sheet that has 11 categories, all are sorted into a dropdown menu in...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Oct 2012 by
darthchester

Convert rupees to spell value as text

Hello, I want to convert rupees to spell value as text.please tel me what is the programs. like e.g 2*2=4.then i need the 4=four.or 2020= two t...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Oct 2012 by
Zohaib R
Results 4101 - 4150 out of a total of 7,061