The discussions

Both rows and columns lookup

Hello, Can anyone please help me on how to set up a formula for both rows and column lookup? here's an example Fruit Price1 Price2 Apples 0.69 0...

2 replies Last reply on 15 Aug 2012 by

Excel 2007 dropdown list from multiple column

Hello, I hope all is well. I am back again with some questions and would appreciate any ideas/tips you may have. I am trying to create a dro...

4 replies Last reply on 10 Aug 2012 by
ExcelJosh

Need help creating a macro

Hello, So here's what I have.... 7+ files with multiple contracts created in excel. Each contract contains many different fields of informatio...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Aug 2012 by
ExcelJosh

Excel conversion

Hello, Need assistance setting up a formula to change this format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there someone who can provide step by step instruction...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Aug 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel formula to auto move & populate field

Hello, I am builidng a spreadsheet that shows progress week by week on two sheets. Weekly Status and Project summary sheets. I am building it so...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Aug 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel help asap - new pc at work

Hello, Hi there, I jsut got a new PC at work and although I have my date coloumns formatted to dd-mmm-yy, when I try to key 7-31, instead the ...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Aug 2012 by
tsanbornca

Macro to compare two excel sheets

Solved/Closed

Hello, I need help to write macro to compare two sheets, sheet1 and sheet2 on same excel book and display the result on the third sheet. The ...

6 replies Last reply on 2 Aug 2012 by
Aks

Help in excel

Closed

Hello, How to update the cell automatically? Eg: If the cell N32 assume the figure is 250 on 23/07/2012, then the cell N33, should be =...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Aug 2012 by
pcsces

Excel help

Solved

Hello, I have a schedule for the employees, and it contains seven columns as 7 days in a week. If any range of the columns contains text " ...

2 replies Last reply on 1 Aug 2012 by
femina

Same values in different cells in row

Hello, Sub: Auto fill of Same value in different cells in a row using Macro button Hi frnds, Can anybody tel me how to auto fill of same value i...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Jul 2012 by
TrowaD

Help required to create autofill macro in row

Hello, Sub:Auto fill of Same value in different cells in a row using Macro button Hi frnds, Can anybody tel me how to auto fill of same value in...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Jul 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel: comparing two columns and output data

Solved

Hello, I'm using Excel 2007 and am trying to figure out a way to analyze and sort some data. I have two sets of data in 6 and 5 columns in the sa...

7 replies Last reply on 28 Jul 2012 by
Siah

Data to another worsheet in excel based on...

Hello, I have got an excel file where I have collected datas each second. I would like to copy rows of data to another worksheet based on the t...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Jul 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel query: linking data

Hello, I have three workbooks. A, B and C. columns in workbook B are linked to columns in workbook A. Now i want to link one of the columns (eg c...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Jul 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel spreadsheet comparisons

Hello, I have a large spreadsheet that I need to compare weekly. I have 5 sets of 4 columns within the same worksheet that need to compare to a sin...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Jul 2012 by
venkat1926

Problem with excel

Solved

Hello, I was trying to write a formula in excel where IF A1 is greater than 7 then 1 would be substracted from it and if it is greater than 5 but...

5 replies Last reply on 18 Jul 2012 by
aquarelle

Excel query - matching more than variable

Hello, Hope you can help! I am trying to match two values in two seperate columns and then return the value in the third column? For insta...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jul 2012 by
TrowaD

Doubt in excel macros

Hello, Hi ppl, I have a small doubt with respect to using macros in Excel sheet. My requirement is as below. I have a large piece of data in...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jul 2012 by
TrowaD

Trying to merge rows

Hello, I am trying to merge various rows of data with a common heading in Column A. For example I have the following data: A 1 0 0 0 0 A 0 ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jul 2012 by
venkat1926

Macro to add columns in excel

Closed

Hello, I have a spreadsheet to track patient information. It has the potential to grow out to the right based on number of contacts made. I need...

8 replies Last reply on 10 Jul 2012 by
aby

Excel formula - sumproduct

Hi there, I have a formula that I pieced together, which I thought would work but unfortunately it doesn't and I can't figure out why. The need the...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jul 2012 by
VirtualInsanity

Computer browser services automatically stop.

Hello, Computer browser services Automatically Stop plz answer me Configuration: Windows 2003 / Internet Explorer 6.0

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jul 2012 by
xpcman

Please help me develop an exel macro

Hello, I need help developing an excel 07 macro that will allow me to copy a selected cell and be pasted in a black cell in a certain column. Ex: cop...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Jul 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel: splitting of data based on calculation

Solved

Good day, I would like to seek help to how to split and populate data based on the result of certain calculation. Here are the criteria for the...

4 replies Last reply on 30 Jun 2012 by
wliang

How to show my result from macro to worksheet

Hello, I need help... how show my programme result from macro to worksheet in excel? please give me some example? thank anyway Configuration: ...

1 reply Last reply on 29 Jun 2012 by
rizvisa1

Finding matches within groups of cells

Sorry for the confusing title! An example should clarify. Here is a link to an image of the excel program I reference in my question: http://i.st...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Jun 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel formula not working right

Hello, I am trying to write a formula for the following situation and for some reason anything I come up with is not working properly: if R2=...

TrowaD

Add rows in sheets based on an entry in theor

Closed

Hello, I am trying to create a row in a separate sheet with the data that was inputed in the original sheet. Can you help? Configuration: Windo...

pcsces

Compare two columns text

Hello, If the text of any cell in column-A matches with the text of any cell in column-B, copy entire row to next sheet. Like Column-A ...

venkat1926

Excel '03 formula to count items in 2 columns

Hello, I just need a little help. I'm trying to use the CountIf formula to reference two columns of data. I've been using this formula: =COUNTI...

12 replies Last reply on 27 Jun 2012 by
VirtualInsanity

Excel

Hey - created a speadsheet - has 13 sheets. A "Master" and one for each "month" of the year. Master containes rows of information: Unit numbers, date ...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Jun 2012 by
TrowaD

Macro error when trying to paste ???

I wrote a macro to search for a value in a different file/workbook, copy the row (if the value is found), then paste it back to the original workbook....

1 reply Last reply on 25 Jun 2012 by
rizvisa1

Excel 2007 if function

Solved

Hello, Need formula to say if cell has NA put 0 but if the cell has a date (yy,mm,dd) then subtract cell L1 from cell E1. Trying to determine how ...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Jun 2012 by
Nikki

Macros for making a graph in different tabs.

Hello, Hey Experts, I recently tried to use macros to make graphs. I have more than 15 tabs on my excel. Each of them have a similar data with ...

3 replies Last reply on 25 Jun 2012 by
TrowaD

Macro/formula in excel

Hello, I want to search for a word in the format eg.ABC-2012-123( where only ABC is fixed and the other numbers after hyphen keeps changing) in ea...

3 replies Last reply on 25 Jun 2012 by
TrowaD

Vba - search engine help

Hi guys, These threads are really helpful but i still cant get mine to work. I have created a knowlege base on excel for all the fixes on my serv...

TrowaD

Getting data from another worksheet

Hello, I am having 2 worksheets in a workbook sheet1 consists of a data like this: Country name Site engineer Name Contact Details Ben...

venkat1926

Copy/paste macro for excel 2011 for mac

Hello, I am in of help! I've tried searching the forum for a code that will work but sadly i've not found one. I am try to create/code a macro or b...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Jun 2012 by
phoenix

Excel macro to create files based on column

Hello, I want to create a macro which creates files based on contents in column AJ. and I want the macro to copy the data from original sheet...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Jun 2012 by
TrowaD

Macro to search, find, copy rows and replace

Hello, I am trying to create a macro to search for a number from one workbook in another workbook, and then either copy the entire row or copy the ...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Jun 2012 by
venkat1926

Copy particular columns to next sheet

Dear friends, Plz help me to do the below requirement Current situation sheet one PTS invoice# status amount proc.date 1234...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Jun 2012 by
Josh

Find data in another spreadsheet

Hello, I need my stock checker to pick up data from our suppliers spreadsheet which they change daily. So what i need for example is: To mat...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Jun 2012 by
venkat1926

Vba - transferring select data to new sheet

Solved

Hey there, I'm trying to create a macro for an Excel 2003 spreadsheet that will take a record (a row (or rows)) that I've already selected into a new ...

10 replies Last reply on 19 Jun 2012 by
VirtualInsanity

Excel: how to create a complex date formula

Hello, I need to create a date formula that only includes weekdays. I want to have a formula that does (=previous date+1) for 5 boxes and then...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Jun 2012 by
Josh

Excel doubt

Hello, I am using excel 2003 and pl help me to solve the below issue I want to compare two cells from one worksheet to other to write value ...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jun 2012 by
venkat1926

Sum using macro?

Hello, So sorry for my continuing inability to get my head around macros! I'm trying to workout a new spreadsheet and would really appreciate any...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jun 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel formula: copy data and add "0000"

Hello, how do I copy data from worksheet 1 into worksheet 2 (i know how to do this part), AND 1) delete the 4 digits at the end (i know how to do...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jun 2012 by
venkat1926

Conditional copy of row to other worksheet

Hello, I have a 7 sheet workbook which contains a part number in column A of each sheet with details following it. I am trying to write a VBA code...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jun 2012 by
venkat1926

Excel: empty cell in 2007

Hello, When presenting raw of data into a chart there is an option to present empty gaps as zero, gaps or connect the dots. none of teh option is wor...

8 replies Last reply on 13 Jun 2012 by
Sushant

Paste data into alternate blank cells

Hello, in using Microsoft Excel 2007, I'd like to paste data from one column into a another column that has some data in it along with some blanks ...

2 replies Last reply on 13 Jun 2012 by
siju
Results 4201 - 4250 out of a total of 7,061