The discussions

Excel i want to count number of persons in given3diff.conditions

I am making result sheet where 60 students obtained different marks out of 500 marks now i want to count the number of students in 3 different cells w...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Copy linked fields in excel spreadsheets

Hello, I have two excel spreadsheets, that have invoice number as a common field. In sheet A, the the invoice number might repeat in 5-10 rows, on...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Vba code: copying rows from multiple sheets

Hello, I'm trying to use VBA to copy rows that satisfy a certain 'If-Then' statement from multiple sheets in Excel onto one sheet. All of the sheets...

3 replies Last reply on 11 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Excel.i want to count the number of persons in given 3 condition

Hello, i am making result sheet where 60 students obtained different marks out of 500 marks now i want to count the number of students in 3 differe...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

How to copy/paste a file from external file into a worksheet..

I have a problem of copying excel into new file. I have a browser which takes an excel file and puts it into a text-box. Then I have a second but...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Comparing two columns of names in excel

Hello, I need some help with an Excel formula. I have a column of user names and a column of usernames intermixed with non-user names. I would lik...

2 replies Last reply on 9 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Mirroring data from multiple sheets into one summary sheet

Hello, I have as sheets with data in them, I would like to create a summary sheet in the same workbook such that whenever any of the sheets are upda...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Oct 2012 by
rizvisa1

Highlight cells based on drop down list selection

Solved

Good day, I would like to have a row highlighted in color based on the drop down list selection. I have inserted the following in Worksheet but I e...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Oct 2012 by
wliang

Excel 2003 days before a certain date

Solved

Hello, I am making a spreadsheet which has, for example, a given date of 1/1/2012. When I enter that number into cells A1, I want it to return ...

2 replies Last reply on 5 Oct 2012 by
news12kim

Excel 2010 formating / sumation issues

Hi I've got an Excel 2010 issue and I can't seem to find the answer any where. I'm generating a spread sheet from a C# application which displays...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Oct 2012 by
Zohaib R

Insert line number for two columns document

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have a problem to do a process of line numbering in MS Office 2007 Word Document. I have a document, it has 2 columns and I have to inser...

3 replies Last reply on 3 Oct 2012 by
CrazyOliv

Copy data to master sheet, when >0

Hello, Is there anyone who can help me with this? I cannot for the life of me figure this out and need this spreadsheet working asap for my boss. ...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Oct 2012 by
TrowaD

How to supplement this macro?

Hi Guys, I was advised the below macro which works wonderfully, searches for the desired cells from one column and copies them to where I want. I w...

4 replies Last reply on 2 Oct 2012 by
Dg83

Create drop down list on certain cells

Solved

Good day, I wanted to create a drop down list from data in Sheet2. I have tried the following codes but the outcome seems to be incorrect. Instead...

6 replies Last reply on 1 Oct 2012 by
venkat1926

Date format in excel.

Hello again, Is there a way to make excel read fields left padded with a 0. For example I have a program that only reads date format like th...

4 replies Last reply on 28 Sep 2012 by
O-man

Macro for finding dates

Solved

Hi guys, Is there a macro that would give me the the cells in a column in which there are dates between 2012 and 2013. It can be easily filtered b...

3 replies Last reply on 26 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

Excel & power point macros

Hello, I am wanting to create a macro, if possible, that will pull only certain data from one worksheet that i get daily and paste that data on an...

2 replies Last reply on 25 Sep 2012 by
avi

Having trouble with macros

Hello, I need you help please, I want to write the macros something like this: if x = 1(number of month) and y = 1 then z = 31(number of the ...

3 replies Last reply on 24 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

Macro to copy data

Solved

Hello, I have two excel sheet with three column on each sheet Sheet 1 Sr.NO Code Name 1 1256 2 1256 3 1258 4 1258 5 1259 6 1259 7...

4 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2012 by
ek2teen

How to build a macro that does this...

Solved

Hello guys, I would like to build a sheet that contains several names and infomation pertaining to each name. The first tab would be the search in...

13 replies Last reply on 23 Sep 2012 by
DG83

Macro to compare worksheets, highlight change

Hello, I'm trying to create a macro that compares two excel worksheets and highlights the rows that are different. Basically, there is a sheet w...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

Auto extend of range in excel macro

Hello, friends I am working on data I have a formula in range w1:aa1 and I want to copy paste that formula in range (column 0:Column S) till the ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

Vba code

Hello, I need to know how to change normal path to a server path. Eg c:/home/my.xls To serverpath/home/my.xls Any idea how I can do this ...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

Separating items from columns

Solved

Hello guys, Could you please help with this... Is it possible to do the following in excel: I have similar cells to this in one column: Ford v-36...

4 replies Last reply on 18 Sep 2012 by
DG83

Sumif excel function - multiple conditions

Hello, I have a list of job titles in column A with their corresponding headcount amount in column B. Is there a sumif formula that will sum the t...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Sep 2012 by
venkat1926

Vba to copy data on date

Hello, Team please help me with the below situation. I have 15 workbooks, every day i capture data in sheet1, it has 8 columns, with date in 7t...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Sep 2012 by
technogene007

A macro to move data from rows to columns

Solved

Hello, I have data in a single column and would like to copy it into a rows for every x rows, for example; The column of data varies in the amoun...

9 replies Last reply on 13 Sep 2012 by
venkat1926

Macro question

Hello, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if someone could help me with creating a macro in MS word. I've had a little experience with macro...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

How to match 2 row of data in excel ?

Solved

Hello, brothers & sisters I have 2 columns of companies name say (column a=38900),(column b=1000) so how can i use a formula to do a match by thei...

rizvisa1

Excel - how to repeat multiple functions

Hello, I'm trying to set up a spread sheet in excel. Following is an example. A1 is say 500 B1 is say 50 and is a number from a IRS table t...

rizvisa1

Excel data merge

Hello, I have two excel sheets that are similar. Sheet one has a master list of contractors that are active and sheet two has another list of contr...

rizvisa1

Large col. based data to be changed to rows

Hello, I have a large excel 2010 based data file sent by my retail partner. The first 5 columns have the list of my SKUs being sold by them, ...

rizvisa1

[excel] macro to add prefix to column

Hi, I recorded the following macro to add a thorn symbol before and after each record in a table. I can't figure out how to edit the macro so that...

rizvisa1

How to handle linked cells?

Hello, I am trying to get this formula to work: =IF(T8=0,"100% with PO",T8&" days, NET") T8 is linked to another table and contains the followi...

rizvisa1

Match data from master worksheet

Hello, i have two worksheets A & B with different fields but one field is common in both worksheets. I want to get some field from sheet B. Fiel...

rizvisa1

Excel row to colum

Hello, i would like a little bit help. i want from this: data1 data2 data3 a 120 20120903 b 270 20120903 c ...

rizvisa1

Excell find in a cell some text

Hello, I am trying to find in a cell some text. I would want for example in D1 to see if it had: Low Low, if so put a 1 in the E1; High High, put ...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Sep 2012 by
rizvisa1

Embed macro

Hello, I hope this isn't too much of a nasty one for Friday afternoon! Any assistance much appreciated. Is it possible to run a macro inside of ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Sep 2012 by
Sanzer

Excel, comparing two sets of two rows

Solved

Hello, I know the title may be a little confusing, and I apologize for that, but I really did not know how to phrase it. What I have is two Excel...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Sep 2012 by
Sanzer

Excel formula which calculates start date

Hello, I would like to create a calendar tool that will generate a start date from a set end date that excludes weekends based on processing and t...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Sep 2012 by
ExcelJosh

Text in macro

Hello, I'm new to writing macros and wonder if anyone can help me with a couple of areas I'm stumbling on? Firstly, let me say that I am wr...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Sep 2012 by
ExcelJosh

Conditional formatting excel 2007

Hello, I am trying to create a rule that when "yes" is selected in the drop down menu in cell F3 cells from A35:D39 are filled yellow, and if "no"...

1 reply Last reply on 5 Sep 2012 by
ExcelJosh

Setting up excel to pick numbers for my list

Hello, I would like to use Excel program to pick 6 numbers for a list i have. can ths be done? Thanks Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explo...

7 replies Last reply on 1 Sep 2012 by
Bob

Open excel document from desktop

Hello, When I right click the mouse on the desktop, I am unable to open the excel document from the shortcut menu. The excel document does not sh...

1 reply Last reply on 30 Aug 2012 by
rockshy496

Macro to create files based on the contents

Hello, I want to create a macro which creates files based on contents in column AJ. I want the macro to copy the data from original sheet to the re...

5 replies Last reply on 28 Aug 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel date format

Hello, I receive a report that has the date displayed as just numbers. Example: 20120131 How can I change the data to read: 01/31/2012 ...

2 replies Last reply on 28 Aug 2012 by
Baker5801

Macros in excel so it copies onto next row

Hello, I'm trying to copy values from one sheet to the other in excel via use of a macro. The data is in rows, and is there anyway that I can progr...

6 replies Last reply on 24 Aug 2012 by
Abhijit

Excel help

Hello, I have a sales performance sheet where I always update the sale. There is a column for the overall average sales where I need to upd...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Aug 2012 by
TrowaD

Excel: replacing a range with another range

Hello, I am trying to create a drop down menu with 12 options in it that will replace a range of data with another range of data based on what you...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Aug 2012 by
RWomanizer

Macro: insert blank row variable n times

Hello, I am building a University Timetable. Each subject we offer occupies one row on an excel spreadsheet, we have about 200 subjects in total. ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Aug 2012 by
RWomanizer
Results 4151 - 4200 out of a total of 7,061