The discussions

Cell with cal/min

Hello, I want to calculate the (k)Cal/min in excel. I have a cell with start time defined in time and a cell with endtime (from a running session)...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Feb 2013 by
Zohaib R

Time calculations on a 24-hr clock

Solved

Hello, I need a formula that I can apply to my spreadsheet that will calculate how much time it takes someone to complete a task. Everything is b...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Feb 2013 by
Zohaib R

Auto notify or mail when excel sheet updated.

Solved/Closed

Hello, We have a Excel which is saved to a network drive and used by multiple users. What I need is when somebody updates the excel sheet or puts ...

20 replies Last reply on 1 Feb 2013 by
cdb2013

Compare date in cell against dates in range of cells

Hello, I am trying to use conditional formatting to highlight a cell if the date in that cell is the same or earlier than dates in the rest of ...

1 reply Last reply on 31 Jan 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel 2007 resetting cells to date format

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet that is resetting all the data cells to Date format. Have anyone seen this before? I don't think I have a vir...

11 replies Last reply on 30 Jan 2013 by
Archit Badwe

Transpose and removing duplicates at same time

Hello, I have a spreadsheet with two columns. The left column is an eight digit house ID. The right column represents miles driven by individual...

2 replies Last reply on 30 Jan 2013 by
jamesfly

Need a macro to sum range of cells

Hello, I am a teacher from Greece and I want your help to gather information and sum from different worksheets in different workbooks to another f...

5 replies Last reply on 29 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Worksheet name input to move data from one worksheet to another

I have a worksheet that is identical in all values other than price. All data is collected on worksheet one. Work sheet one has a column where a...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Excel - a macro copy to cell based on a specific criteria

Hello, how to split the data from state wise using macro ex: Location type month year state India email 12 2012 UP India email 12 2012 ka...

2 replies Last reply on 29 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Conditional formatting

Solved

Hello, I'm using Excel 2010 and need to conditionally format a cell based on various values in different cells. Specifically, if cell A2 states B...

4 replies Last reply on 27 Jan 2013 by
Harters

Comparing two spreadsheet data

Hello, Please help me out on this issue. If I have an original sheet comprising of 8 columns and a number of other row items with subtotals in be...

5 replies Last reply on 26 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Simply cannot find an answer

Solved

Hello, I have a spread sheet - column B lists dates for the last time a report for each product was completed. Each report is due every 28 days. ...

8 replies Last reply on 25 Jan 2013 by
mona3

Saved excel will not open

Hello, I got a shock when trying to open excel sheets. The message " THERE WAS A PROBLEM SENDING THIS COMMAND TO THE FILE" i can't open any saved exc...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Activity reminder from excel column

Hello, I would like to reserve a column "B" on an excel spreadsheet to put a date in the field for "Next Activity Date". Then put the date in the...

3 replies Last reply on 23 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Vb issue with delete rows with specific values

Solved

Hello, I am using 2007 excel and have the VB doing 2 things: 1) looking at specific Column for EXACT values and deleting row 2) looking at speci...

8 replies Last reply on 23 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Roster with each person getting their own weekly sheet printed

Hello, Ive put together a spreadsheet for work, where we have a main page called roster, the whole weekly roster for all staff members goes onto t...

8 replies Last reply on 23 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Macro help: copy data from a range of sheets to a master sheet

Solved

Hi, I'm looking for some help developing a macro to collect data from a range of sheets in a workbook, but not all sheets. The macro needs to: ...

7 replies Last reply on 23 Jan 2013 by
supermate

Tagalog

Solved

Hello, Hi! Is there anyone here knows how to speak Tagalog? If so, please let me know..I just have a few questions regarding in Excel. I cant ex...

2 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2013 by
flower_girl

How to convert number into text in excel

Solved/Closed

Hello, pls.send me formula to convert number into text in Excel e.g.100001 in words like' one lakh one only"

9 replies Last reply on 21 Jan 2013 by
Raj

Camparing two coloumns in excel and copy another cell value

Hello Sir I have two excel files where I want to match file1 Coloum A with File2 Coloumn A If match found File1 Coloumn C cell value should copy to...

1 reply Last reply on 18 Jan 2013 by
basri hamid

Adding a new entry into a list - excel 2007

Solved/Closed

Hi Hope that someone can help me with this problem..... I've created a list in Excel 2007. I've added 3 colours in the list (blue, red, green). I ...

12 replies Last reply on 18 Jan 2013 by
confused

Need help with macro for 2 worksheets

Hello, I've seen examples close to what I need, but I'm not an experienced macro person and I don't know how to tweak them to get what I want. ...

2 replies Last reply on 17 Jan 2013 by
mjaybee

I need help getting info from one worksheet to copy to others

Hello, I have an Accounts Receivable worksheet for each year. I want to log each entry into the main spreadsheet and then into a separate worksheet b...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jan 2013 by
TrowaD

Hi, need some help - copy pasting and creating coments! thanks

Hello, Getting a little stuck - would anyone know how to copy text/number from one cell and with one function: in a new cell create a comment AND ...

7 replies Last reply on 17 Jan 2013 by
TrowaD

Vlookup range question

Solved

Hello, =VLOOKUP(A4,OLD!$A1:$B1404,2,FALSE) I'm using this formula in my spreadsheet and it is working EXCEPT when the new spreadsheet has inse...

1 reply Last reply on 17 Jan 2013 by
mjaybee

Colour column based on dates

Hello, I'm having a hard time to figure out a formula that colour the column with respect to dates. Can anyone help me out on this please..here's...

6 replies Last reply on 17 Jan 2013 by
Angga

Macro which can countif on multiple criteria and export result

Hello, I have to create a macro, which can count for me how many of different categories of services we have. there are around 20 main categorie...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Macros

Hello, I'm new to Macro's and now wanted to learn how to run a macro based on the column values. Eg: If in column D has a values and if D3 has ...

3 replies Last reply on 16 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

New in ms excel

Hello, Morning! Anyone can help me? i dont understand what ive read in wiki about macros. i dont know how it works even in simple excel! Can y...

2 replies Last reply on 16 Jan 2013 by
flower_girl

Macro - concatenated cells until if finds a blank cell

Hello, Please assist. Im trying to concatenated cells with text until it finds a cell with no text then it stops current continate then continues...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jan 2013 by
TrowaD

How to useing percentage formula in excel

how to useing percentage formula in excel Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 24.0.1312.52

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jan 2013 by
Zohaib R

Adding the same action to every second line

Solved

hi guys, i wonder if you could help me with the following: there is a worksheet where column A is full with numbers. I would like to add to ever...

8 replies Last reply on 15 Jan 2013 by
Dg83

Sum certain cells in a column if corresponding cells of another

Hello, I want to sum certain cells in a column if corresponding cells in another column contain a certain letter. I have amounts in cells G2:G1...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Conditional equation

Hello, I am desperately trying to write a formula for the following: If C23 is less than 2 but greater than zero, then value of E14, and if not,...

rizvisa1

Formula to measure percent of checklist complete

Hello, I am trying to build a checklist where if you have completed the task on the list, you put an X in the cell below that task. As tasks...

TrowaD

If, then formula

Solved

Hello, I am creating a spreadsheet for the company airplane. Part of it is to calculate how many of the miles flown were "occupied" (had passengers...

2 replies Last reply on 14 Jan 2013 by
eaglewings1983

Counting between two given dates

Hello, I need help. I need to count on Excel 2007 between two dates including the start date and end date. But the DatedIF fdoes not work. and...

8 replies Last reply on 14 Jan 2013 by
TrowaD

Convert date into month name

Solved/Closed

Hello, suppose date has mention 1/1/09 and no month name then how to get the month name

20 replies Last reply on 14 Jan 2013 by
Manoj

Macro to copy data under matching column header

I am trying to write a macro to copy data from multiple spreadsheets and get the data to paste into the proper matching headers. Here is what I have s...

4 replies Last reply on 13 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Copy excel 07 sheet to other & keep formulas?

Solved/Closed

Hello, Is it possible to copy an Excel 07 spreadsheet to another window spreadsheet (not another tab but completely different spreadsheet) and keep t...

8 replies Last reply on 13 Jan 2013 by
limitdydx

Excel - active x combobox, selecting sheets

Solved

Hi, Am a newbie in trying to automate Excel. I have a workbook with 50 worksheets and a menu sheet. On the menu sheet I created a Actixe X ...

5 replies Last reply on 12 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Add-ins not show on excel 2010

Hello, Please , somebody can help me with this wrong I follow all the step for add an add-ins on excel 2010 , But this not appear What i...

5 replies Last reply on 11 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

How to recover excel password?

Closed

Hello, I can't able to open my excel file, i have lost my excel file password please suggest me how to open my excel file and how to recover excel f...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Jan 2013 by
Ambucias

Calculating sum of the amounts of each airports automatically

Hello, I have TWO tables such as below,according to the First Table :the first column (Airport name) the second column is ( the amounts in USD) ...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Creating macro to copy data from one wb & save to new wb

Hello, I am very new to creating Macro's and need some assistance. I have a large report with data for several different campuses. I'd like to cre...

3 replies Last reply on 11 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Help needed with excel macro

Hello, I have the following sheet: A B C D 1 XXX Monday 5-Jan 5 2 YYY Tuesday 18-Feb 0 3 ZZZ Wednesday 23-Mar 3 4 AAA Thursday 12-Dec 4 ...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Help on merging multiple excel files data

Hello, I am trying to merge multiple excel files placed in a folder. all of them have same headers and similar pattern of data. the purpose of th...

7 replies Last reply on 8 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1

Many columns return into fewer columns.

Solved

Hello, I have a spreadsheet that was exported from Survey Monkey. So the format cannot be changed. There can be data in any of 100 columns. Howeve...

15 replies Last reply on 8 Jan 2013 by
Ambucias

Formula to check for text in column

Hello, I am trying to write a formula that searches an entire column for specific text, if it finds it, then add 1. There are three different text v...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Jan 2013 by
Zohaib R

Msoffice 2010

Solved

Hello, How can I customize Naira Symbol in MS excel Office2010. Thank you.

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jan 2013 by
rizvisa1
Results 4001 - 4050 out of a total of 7,061