The discussions

Transfer data from one excel worksheet to another automatically

Closed

Transfer data from one Excel worksheet to another automatically. we have 8 employees that enter job quote information onto their individual worksheets...

Last reply on 17 Jul 2013 by
Ambucias

Macro to delete rows between named ranges in excel

How do I delete all rows between named ranges? I have a scenario below Name Range 1 : SUBHEADER_001 (A1:E1). Displays Headers Name Range 2 : SU...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

I need help in my project

first see this picture http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6725/d9i8.png now what i want is, after typing the '2' in B2, i press Enter, D2 will be ...

1 reply Last reply on 16 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Popup reminder based on date and additional celll values

Solved

Hi, I am new to this site and have seen a lot of great information and helpful tips here. I have been trying to figure this out for a very long tim...

10 replies Last reply on 15 Jul 2013 by
MikeTis

Pdf converter to excel :

Hi, I saw https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/5605-pdf-to-excel-converter/ product. This product is very good. Is this a free version available ?. ...

1 reply Last reply on 15 Jul 2013 by
Ambucias

Macro to populate formula using autofill

i have 2 worksheets, A & B. In worksheet A, i have the data in cell F2, F3, F4. In worksheet B, i would like to refer worksheetA!F2 in Column G,...

3 replies Last reply on 15 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Help with a formula 'isblank refer to another cell"

I need a formula that will give me number of days between two columns Which contain dates, if one or the other has no date populated it would then ref...

1 reply Last reply on 14 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Averaging & assigning blank cells a specific numeric value

Good day everyone. I'm sorry if this seems remedial, but I'm having trouble with a spreadsheet. Here's the gist of my problem: Within a row, I have se...

3 replies Last reply on 13 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

How i convern number to spelling in excel

Dear friend, This is my problem. Please solve it.

1 reply Last reply on 12 Jul 2013 by
Ambucias

Pull values from conditionally formatted cells - excel 2013

hello, I have a large data set wherein I am trying to figure out where certain values fall and am applying a cell color using conditional formattin...

3 replies Last reply on 12 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Comparing columns

Hello, I have two list of customers on separate excel worksheets. The first list has name, address, etc. in separate columns and about 3000 custome...

1 reply Last reply on 11 Jul 2013 by
Muhasin AM

Hide rows with zero value in multiple sheets

Solved

Please help me in making a macro in the Excelsheet that: I can hide the entire rows if a cell value or (range of values) has a zero value in multiple...

2 replies Last reply on 10 Jul 2013 by
Excellent answer

Populate rows on sheet1 based on values in sheet2

Hi, I need to populate rows in sheet1 -- S.No, Name , Address, Contact No. with the values present in sheet2 -- S.No, Name , Address, Contact No. ...

3 replies Last reply on 10 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Pop up alert

Hello, I have created a worksheet with macro to enter current time by clicking on a cell. For example, double click on A1 to enter current time th...

1 reply Last reply on 10 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Display formula in cell with values

i need to display the used formula in another cell as it is with substituting the values. example: if A1=100, A3=200, B1=206 formula is =SUM(A1, ...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Macro for copying sheet 1 into sheet 2 and then deleting data in

i need macro for copying sheet 1 into sheet 2 and then deleting data in sheet 1 and sheet 3 plz help

1 reply Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formating

Solved

I have a spreadsheet with Excel 2013 that has text drop down lists. I want to use conditional formatting to highlight with a different cell color, dep...

10 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
jgmb

I need to run multiple automatic macros in one sheet

I am developing a worksheet where there are multiple occasions down a list where users will have to select an option from a drop-down box (Y, N & N/A)...

4 replies Last reply on 9 Jul 2013 by
zs1986

Convert a date field in excel to day of week

Solved/Closed

Hello, I know how to format a cell with a date in it so that it shows the day of the week. WHat I am trying to do is sort on the day of the week so...

Last reply on 7 Jul 2013 by
Indian

Date format

in MS-Excel, When i am sorting the dates in a column of format dd/mm/yyyy, say example 10/06/2007 and 02/10/2007, the sorted column shows 02/10/2007 i...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
sgmpatnaik

Conditional formatting of cells with dropdownlist

In column C of my spreadsheet i have created a drop down of a set of 96 locations in US. When i select a certain location from the drop down , i want ...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Comparing columns and returning value

i've following: 1. Drop down values from 1 to 5 in column A. 2. Drop down values from A to E in column B. Ive following matrix (A44:C68): 1 ...

7 replies Last reply on 6 Jul 2013 by
venkat1926

Some help needed about if function with dates

Solved

Hello, i m making a sheet with this function =IF(H1

3 replies Last reply on 5 Jul 2013 by
sgmpatnaik

Macro to transfer data from one sheet to another

Hello, I would like to know whether this is possible using macros in excel Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E C...

1 reply Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Deleting a row

I have an Excel file with rows from 2 to 988. There are two columns B titled Customer and C titled Main Email. I need a macro that will search column ...

TrowaD

Transferring selected rows to another location on anothersheet

I Am trying to Move a selected range of cells to another sheet. As an example "sheet1" Columns C,D,E,F,G,has a data list entered and when i enter th...

4 replies Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Odd situation in excel

Hello, I'm designing a spreadsheet for my work in terms of I've got a set of numbers from 0-99, the evens are one week events and the odds are ano...

6 replies Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Substracting time from date & time to determine the date & time

I have a 'simple' spreadsheet with five columns (warehouse #; part #; departure date & time; transit time and arrival date & time). I have packages...

3 replies Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Help with macros in excel

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me in creating a macro file for excel....I am needing to save, print, and close an excel file at a cer...

sgmpatnaik

Pls suggest for excel

Dear all, Pls suggest for my following issue related to Microsoft Excel. I created a Report in Excel having many sheets. In all sheets, Subsc...

sgmpatnaik

Creating pdf from selected cell range

Solved

Dear all, greetings. firstly , I would like to thank those who have helped me to get below code (to create pdf file for selected cell range) whic...

sgmpatnaik

How to compare two coloumns in excel

Solved/Closed

Hello,

Last reply on 4 Jul 2013 by
jhanvi

Help!! excel 3 year reminder

I have a formula: =TODAY()-$B2>3, this will remind me 3 days before a due date, but I need it to tell me to review after 3 YEARS of the dates I have i...

2 replies Last reply on 2 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Please help- conditional formatting

Hello, I want help to solve below described question for excel 2007. CELL A1= 01-JAN-2013, A2= 02-JAN-2013, A3= 05-JAN-2013, A4= 07-JAN-2013, A5...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jul 2013 by
TrowaD

Formatting excel

Hello, i got a problem regarding excel formatting. Excel displays every figure higher then 1.0 as a date and anything lower than that as the ac...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Jul 2013 by
LynxDeuxJynx

I lost data

Hello, i had a file with some data and one of my kids entered this file and changed evrthing and saved the data. and i need the old data. how can ...

1 reply Last reply on 1 Jul 2013 by
LynxDeuxJynx

Macro to insert a row after 6 rows and 45 rows

Hi all, I'm new here and hope you guys can give me some advice and help to end my problem! I have a large data set containing "control values" a...

5 replies Last reply on 29 Jun 2013 by
venkat1926

Macro insert headers after sorting

Hi All, I have a spreadsheet that would contain a hundreds of thousands of invoices. But to simplify, I am more concerned about the following: H...

5 replies Last reply on 28 Jun 2013 by
venkat1926

Update data records

I have a specific range of cells in a column. For eg In sheet1 from D3 to D12 I keep on entering various alpha numberic code from 3 digit to 8 di...

1 reply Last reply on 28 Jun 2013 by
ac3mark

Copy row paste at the top of each page

I need to copy a row, then paste it on the top row of multiple pages.

2 replies Last reply on 27 Jun 2013 by
paulcc

Validation warning for repeating a number in a column

Hello, I am using a spreadsheet that compares properties, within different grid squares. The column for grid references has numbers prefixed with t...

7 replies Last reply on 27 Jun 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel : if value is in column a, then delete cell in column b

Hello, This is what I want to do : Column A : value1 value2 value3 value4 value5 Column B : value1 value22 value33 value44 valu...

5 replies Last reply on 27 Jun 2013 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting - based on a formula and named cells

Hello, I have been struggling to get a simple formula to work in Excel 2013. My objective is to compare budget numbers to actual and if we are wit...

3 replies Last reply on 27 Jun 2013 by
venkat1926

Trying to write a code to insert a blank row above a cell value

Solved

I am trying to write a code that will auto insert a blank row above a certain cell value ie: existing: Column G 5 10 20 22 999 2 22 55...

3 replies Last reply on 26 Jun 2013 by
Ambucias

Macro for deleting a row with specific criteria in a cell

Hello, I've got a spreadsheet with many rows and columns, and I'd like to delete specific rows based on criteria I pick. For example, if my criteri...

3 replies Last reply on 26 Jun 2013 by
ac3mark

Adding columns containing text

I have a basic sheet and cell a4 is a total of jobs done. I want to add +1 to cell a4 every time I enter any text in b6:b1000 to tally work completed...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Jun 2013 by
TrowaD

Excel reminder

Hello...I need to create a reminder for dates in B2 that is 3 years after the date in B2. To have B3 highlight with REVIEW would be great. I have a fo...

TrowaD

Command button to post data from one sheet to another one

Hello, I would be very grateful if some one van help me! I have excel table with 10 columns (from A-J) in sheet1. I fill data in the table and in...

TrowaD

Excel, automatically transfering data and filtering

How do I transfer a document into another document automatically by filtering specific numbers or words out?

venkat1926

Formula to calculate monthly contract value between date

Hi, Would appreciate helps here. I need to calculate monthly contract value based on contract start date and finish date. Contract value: 100,0...

2 replies Last reply on 23 Jun 2013 by
bozztcs
Results 3701 - 3750 out of a total of 7,065