Sometimes you need to use different signatures, if you use the same email account for communicating with friends or family, or if you have more than one job. Read this article to find out how to create multiple signatures in Gmail and switch between them.
How to create multiple signatures on Gmail?
Adding a signature to your email can be very important when writing work letters. This way, the recipient knows your telephone number, address or other important contact information, such as your company name and your job title. If you don’t have any signature linked to your Gmail email account yet, you can check out how to add a signature to your Gmail account.
To create multiple signatures in Gmail, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Gmail account and click on the gear icon in the top right to access Setting.
2. Scroll down to Signature.
3. Click on Create New tab to add a new signature to your existing one.
4. Give it a name and click Create. Then, add the text to the corresponding box.
5. Finally, you can assign your signature defaults: for new emails or on reply/forward use by selecting the corresponding one from the drop-down menu.
6. When you are finished, scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page and click Save changes.
How to switch between multiple signatures?
If you decided to change your signatures whilst writing an email, click on the pen icon in the bottom right corner of your draft mail and select one of your signatures from the list or click Manage Signatures to add a new one.
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL > Guide
- MacOSX - Switching between multiple active sessions
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app > Guide
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer > Guide
- How to Make Multiple Selections on Photoshop
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- Change profile picture in Gmail: Android, iPhone, desktop
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- How old is my Google account?
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- What are Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers?
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- What Is Gmail Go?
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC