This guide will explain how to customize your default swipe gestures in the Gmail app. You can use these options to either archive or delete emails with ease.
How to swipe to archive in the Gmail app?
By default, the Gmail app allows you to rapidly archive or delete messages by swiping your finger left or right over an email. The left-swipe Archive option removes a message from your inbox, moving it to your inbox's All Mail tab:
How to swipe to delete in the Gmail app?
The right-swipe Delete option permanently deletes a selected message, moving it to the Trash folder:
How to customize swipe gestures in the Gmail app?
To customize these options, follow these steps:
Open the Gmail app and tap Menu > Settings > General settings > Gmail default action.
Here, you can choose to reset your default swipe gestures for Archive and Delete:
Do you need more help with Gmail? Check out our forum!
- Gmail swipe to delete
- Swipe to delete gmail
- How to change swipe settings in gmail
- Spam deleted Mail Recovery [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC > Guide
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash > Guide
- How to recover automatically deleted spam messages [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- How to get trash deleted emails from Gmail [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- What are Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers?
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- Change your Gmail password: on iPhone, Android, computer
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How old is my Google account?
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Change profile picture in Gmail: on Android, iPhone, desktop
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- What Is Gmail Go?
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail