If you suspect that someone is using your Gmail account without your authorization, we recommend that you change your password as soon as possible! In this article, we will explain to you how to change from your iPhone/iPad, Android or PC.
Why change your Gmail password?
Most users have only one password for their Gmail account, and some users reuse their passwords across multiple accounts. We recommend you do not reuse password for multiple accounts. If you also use your Gmail password for other accounts, any other site that's compromised using this same password will expose you to your Gmail account being hacked. This is much more common than you might expect, so make sure to diversify your passwords.
How to change your Gmail password from a computer?
Changing your password in Gmail is very simple.
- Sign into Gmail and click on Settings > Accounts and import.
- Then click on Change password.
- After identifying yourself, enter the new password and confirm.
How to change your Gmail password from your iPhone/iPad?
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right and choose Manage your Google Account.
- Tap on Personal Info and go to Password.
- Enter your password and select Change Password.
- Type your new password and confirm it.
How to change your Gmail password on Android device?
- On your Android, go to Settings > Google > Manage your Google Account.
- Tap on Security tab.
- Under Signing in to Google, select Password.
- Type your current password and then enter the new one.
- Choose Change Password and confirm the changes.
- Change gmail password
- How to change gmail password
- Change google password
- Someone changed my gmail password and phone number [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Someone has changed my gmail account password [solved] > Forum - Gmail
- Girlfriend hacked my Gmail password and Recovery password > Forum - Gmail
- My facebook account was hacked my phone number change login code was send author > Forum - Facebook
- Somebody changed my Gmail password > Forum - Gmail
- What are Gmail's incoming and outgoing servers?
- Recover Gmail account: without phone number, recovery email
- Attach files on Gmail: on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac
- Send voice messages via Gmail: from PC, iPhone, Android
- Recover Gmail password: via phone number, security questions
- Use Unicode (UTF-8) encoding for outgoing messages on Gmail
- How to turn off important in Gmail?
- Add an image to Gmail signature: with or without a URL
- Create a new Gmail account: without phone number, for child
- How to hyperlink text in Gmail?
- How to 'Reply All' in Gmail?
- Set swipe gestures in Gmail: swipe to delete, archive
- Turn off Gmail notifications: Android, iPhone, Chrome
- How to stop auto-download email attachments in the Gmail app
- How to cancel a sent email on Gmail?
- Delete search history in the Gmail app: iPhone, Android, PC
- Transfer Gmail contacts: to iCloud iPhone/iPad
- Restore deleted Gmail emails: from spam, trash
- Delete your Gmail account permanently: from computer, phone
- How old is my Google account?
- Change profile picture in Gmail: Android, iPhone, desktop
- How to sign in with another account in Gmail
- How to turn on read receipts on Gmail
- Stop unwanted emails in Gmail: block users, report spam
- Set Gmail as the default inbox on Android
- Access your Gmail account: via iPhone, Android, PC
- How to use Gmail to send and receive emails
- How to enable the spell checker on Gmail?
- Confidential mode on Gmail: encryption and attachments
- Add a signature in Gmail: via Android, iPhone, computer
- How to add a profile picture to your Gmail account?
- How to manage multiple accounts on Gmail app
- What Is Gmail Go?
- How to send emails as attachments in Gmail
- Create and switch between multiple signatures in Gmail