Tired of your WhatsApp group chats getting filled up with unwanted users without your permission? Or perhaps you are tired of being added to groups you're not interested in. Luckily you can control who can invite new members, and you can also block others from adding you to group chats with the privacy settings.
How to control who can add you to group chats?
Open WhatsApp. Then click on Settings, Account, and Privacy. On the Privacy page, go to Groups. Here you can control who can add you to group chats:
By default, WhatsApp enables this to Everyone. You can also only allow your contacts to add you, and that list can be further restricted by individual contact if you select the 3rd option, My Contacts Except....
How to limit who can add new users to a WhatsApp group?
If you have created a group chat and want to limit who can send invites for others to join, you need to control the Admin list. Only group Admins can add new members to group chats via invites. Open your group chat, and click on the name of your group chat at the top so that you find the summary page. Scroll down, then click on Group Settings:
Select Edit Group Admins and here you can select which member in the group you want to make an admin. After, they will be able to send invites and make edits to the group.
- How to Adjust Your Privacy Settings on WhatsApp
- How do i change my attachment opening settings in gmail?
- How to Configure Automatic Update Settings on Android Devices
- How To Change Xbox One Power Settings
- Reset Location and Privacy Settings on iPhone and iPad
- Use WhatsApp with two numbers: iPhone, Android, same phone
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- Blocked on WhatsApp: how to know, status, last seen, ticks
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Stop WhatsApp saving photos: iPhone, iOS, Android, Samsung
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile