WhatsApp allows users to block messages from other users. Have you sent a message to someone long ago and not received a reply? While this may be an indication, there are other signs of being blocked. Read on to discover several indicators that can help you find out if you have been blocked on WhatsApp.
Does the double tick not appear?
If you sent a message to a contact and only one check mark appears, you may have been blocked. However, you should be aware that this also happens when the recipient does not have access to the internet, either because his or her phone is out of battery, switched off or on airplane mode. Remember that a double grey check mark indicates that the message was received on the recipient's mobile phone and the double blue check mark indicates that the message was read (if you and the other user have this option enabled). If a person has blocked you and after a while, unblocks you, the messages that you sent them during this period will not reach their device and, therefore, they will remain with only one grey check mark.
Can you see an online status or last seen time?
If you recently missed the last time your contact was connected, there are two reasons:
1. Your contact modified their privacy settings so that no one can view their last connection. 2. Your contact has blocked you.
Note that if you change your privacy settings to hide your Seen last time option, you will also not be able to see your contacts Seen last time information.
Can't see if that person is 'online' anymore? This may be due to the following:
1. Your contact is hiding his or her status using this trick. 2. There is a possibility that the person is not using the app at the same time as you to see him or her online. 3. Your contact has blocked you.
Can you see the contact's photo?
If the above conditions have been met and you can't see your contact's profile picture, to suspect that you’ve been blocked might be reasonable. However, please note that in WhatsApp's privacy settings, you can choose not to show your profile picture to anyone.
Can you add the contact to a group?
When you try to add a contact to a group and get an error message saying Could not add participant, you may have been blocked or the person’s number has changed.
Note: If all of the conditions described above have been met, the chances are very high that you've been blocked.
However, WhatsApp does not allow you to know for sure if you’ve been blocked in order to protect the privacy of its users.
- What happens when i block someone on whatsapp
- How To Remove Numbers From The Blocked List
- Someone accidentally blocked and reported me on WhatsApp > Forum - WhatsApp
- Block and Unblock Contacts on WhatsApp
- Block Messages From Unknown Senders on Android Devices
- How to know if someone is spying on your WhatsApp
- How to disconnect WhatsApp from Google Drive
- How to get a WhatsApp QR code on mobile
- Create a WhatsApp chatbot: for business, for website, free
- How to message yourself on WhatsApp: Android, iPhone
- WhatsApp desktop app: video call, Mac, Windows
- WhatsApp's new policy 2021: safe or not?
- How to transfer messages from WhatsApp to Telegram
- How to send a message to an unsaved number on WhatsApp
- How to view all shared media on WhatsApp
- How to recover a banned WhatsApp account
- How to forward messages on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android
- Create WhatsApp link: with message, with name, for group
- Transfer WhatsApp messages: to new phone, android to iPhone
- WhatsApp supported phone list: 2021, Blackberry, Nokia
- Everything you need to know about WhatsApp message bombs
- The best WhatsApp alternative: app, 2021, for video call
- Deactivate a WhatsApp account: without phone, temporarily
- Refresh WhatsApp contacts: iPhone, Android, Samsung
- How many types of WhatsApp are there?
- How to turn off WhatsApp Web notifications
- How to fix contacts not showing up WhatsApp: android, iPhone
- How to download and send files on WhatsApp
- How to use enter to send messages on WhatsApp
- Listen to WhatsApp audio without sender knowing: iPhone, app
- Change WhatsApp date and time: Android, iOS, Windows phone
- How to appear offline on WhatsApp: iPhone, Android, web
- Transfer WhatsApp Stickers: to Telegram, Android, iPhone
- How to customize LED notifications on WhatsApp
- Get the WhatsApp verification code: online, by email, mobile