Chrome's Incognito Mode allows you to surf the web without leaving a trace, so that you may browse privately. However, this theoretically implies that there's no record, or history, of your search history. Luckily there are still some ways to find your history. Below we explain how to in greater detail of how you can see your incognito on Chrome on Android, Mac and Windows devices.
How to view incognito history?
With a Chrome extension
If you're on Google Chrome, a great way to temporarily save your history in Incognito mode is to install Off The Record. This extension lets you access any closed tabs, as long as you're in the same browsing session. Once you close your browser, you will no longer be able to access you history in Incognito mode.
With Windows DNS records
If you're using a Windows PC, you can access the entire DNS record of internet actions, including while in Incognito mode. First go to the Run menu by typing Run in the search bar. You can also access it using the Windows + R command.
In the pop-up window that opens, enter cmd and press OK. On the next screen enter: ipconfig/displaydns, and then click the enter. Now you will have access to you internet history. To delete it, on the same screen type ipconfig / flushdns and press enter.
N.B.: Keep in mind that your IP address is also registered when you surf the web, even if in Incognito mode, so there is a trace of the pages visited unless you use a VPN.
Many website will block users who are using Incognito mode. Luckily there's a way to continue using Incognito mode while still access these blocked sites. You just need to activate a flag. To do so search for filessystem in incognito or search this address: chrome://flags/#enable-filesystem-in-incognito.
Any more Chrome questions? Check out our forum!
- How to check incognito history
- How to view incognito history
- How to find incognito history
- Safari download history > Guide
- Why can't i delete my history on google chrome > Guide
- Internet explorer history > Guide
- Steam login history > Guide
- Opera mini incognito mode > Guide
- Enable WebGL Chrome: 2021, Mac, Android
- How to allow multiple downloads in Chrome
- How to stop Chrome from searching in address bar 2021
- How to sort bookmarks in Chrome: alphabetically, by date
- Where are Chrome extensions stored: Mac, Windows 10, Linux
- How to change the character in the dinosaur Chrome game?
- How to recover Google account password: without phone number
- How to remove guest mode in Chrome: Windows, Mac, extension
- How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
- How to view recently visited websites on Chrome
- How to search for a word on a web page Chrome: shortcut, Mac
- How to close all tabs in Google Chrome on Android
- How to block camera and microphone access on Chrome
- How to clear auto-opening settings on Chrome: 2021
- Disable hardware acceleration Chrome: shortcut, registry
- What does the lock symbol mean on Google Chrome?
- How to change Chrome icon on desktop
- How to play audio files directly in Chrome
- How to export bookmarks from Chrome: Edge, Safari, Firefox
- Enable the FPS counter on Google Chrome
- How to access Google USA: from other countries
- How to open Chrome Settings: shortcut, in a new window
- How to set zoom settings in Google Chrome
- How to clear cookies on Chrome: automatically, Android, Mac
- Disable touch events: Chrome
- How to find saved passwords in Chrome: Mac, Android, PC
- How to change new tab page Chrome: Android, extension, Mac
- How to install extension in Chrome: Android, manually
- How to check Google Chrome: version history, for updates
- Speed up Chrome browser: Windows 10, PC, on Android
- How to remove a Google account from Chrome browser
- Create desktop shortcut on Google Chrome
- How to enable Google Chrome power saving mode
- How to access the Google Dashboard G Suite?
- Restore Google toolbar: in Windows 10, on Android tablet
- How to send link via email with Google Chrome extension
- How to enter full screen mode Chrome: Windows 10, Mac
- How to auto refresh Chrome tab with an extension
- How to make your Google Chrome page background a GIF?
- How to fix Google Chrome cursor bug
- How to reset Google Chrome settings: to default, Android
- Update Google Chrome browser Android or iPhone
- How to turn off auto translate in Chrome: Android
- How to stop Chrome from blocking downloads
- The best Chrome extensions of 2022: security, productivity
- Google Translate extension Chrome: Mac, Android
- The best flags to customise Google Chrome in 2022
- How to enable extensions in incognito in Chrome
- How to see downloads in Chrome: Android, iOS
- How to change download location Chrome: Android, Mac
- How to turn off Chrome notifications
- How to reopen closed tabs in Chrome
- Enable private browsing in Google Chrome: in incognito, PC
- How to block ads on Google Chrome?