What is "disk cache"? A cache memory is used by operating systems to store frequently accessed data. As the cache memory is a part of the RAM, it is faster to access and retrieve information from the cache memory compared to getting the information or files from the hard disk. This article will show you how to increase cache memory.
What is the “Disk Cache”?
The disk cache is used to store disk information in RAM. Access to RAM is faster than the hard disk, so the information will be available more rapidly.
How to increase the Disk Cache performance?
In Windows it is possible to increase the performance of a disk cache through a modification of the system registry. Take a backup of the registry before running REGEDIT. Change the values of the LargeSystemCache key in the registry from 0 to 1. This should increase the performance of a disk cache.
First and foremost, and as with any registry modification, it is advisable to backup the entire contents of the registry, or at least the key(s) you want to edit.
- Open the Start menu, click Run and type the command: regedit.
- Find the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management.
- In the right column find the LargeSystemCache value and double click on it .
- If the value does not exist you will need to create it:
- Click on an empty part of the window and click New.
- From there, select 32-bit DWORD value and name it LargeSystemCache.
- Double click on the value and select Edit.
- Change the value of LargeSystemCache from 0 to 1, making sure the Hexadecimal option is checked.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
- Increase disk cache windows 10
- Windows 10 disk cache size
- How to increase cache memory in windows 10
- How to increase your PC hard disk space? > Guide
- Increase firefox cache > Guide
- Ssd cache windows 10 > Guide
- Clear bluetooth cache windows 10 > Guide
- Toshiba satellite recovery disk download windows 7 [solved] > Forum - Recovery software
- LNK shortcuts on Windows 7: how to fix?
- How to repair Windows 7 from USB flash drive?
- Install unsigned drivers: Windows 7
- How to delete Windows image backup file
- How to remove bandwidth limit: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Format computer: Windows 7, without CD
- Disable service credential manager: Windows 10
- How to change taskbar color Windows 7: ultimate, home basic
- Windows Installer has stopped working: Windows 7
- Fatal error could not create output file project1.exe'
- Check the BIOS version of Windows 7: cmd, without restarting
- How to clear the clipboard: Windows 7, command line
- How to fix Windows error code 0x8000222
- How to add a desktop shortcut to sleep Windows 7
- Shortcut key for network connections: Windows 7
- Disable tablet PC input panel: Windows 7, Win 7
- View update history: Windows 7
- How to erase CD rw: Windows 7
- How to disable desktop window manager: Windows 7
- Disable the Performance Counter Feature in Windows
- Install driver in compatibility mode Windows 7
- How to increase command prompt buffer size
- Windows 7 end of support: what to do now?
- How to find windows 7 build number
- How to change the welcome message in Windows 7
- Disable desktop composition Windows 7
- How to add the menu bar in Windows Explorer on Windows 7
- How to make the mouse wake up the PC: Windows 7
- How to disable the software protection service in Windows 7
- How to change administrator name in Windows 7?
- Disable Aero Windows 7
- How to create a file with specific size: Windows 7
- Internet options shortcut: command, on desktop, Windows 7
- How to disable the security center in Windows 7
- Disable the performance counter feature: Windows 7
- "Open with" option not showing Windows 7