These days most computers and tablets come with a built in webcam. This can be a useful tool not only for video calls and meetings but for taking pictures too. In this article we will take you through the steps of how to take a picture with your webcam using not only the app on your computer but also featuring certain websites to add fun effects.
How to Take Photos With The Windows 10 Photos App
This app is very easy to use and super functional. Simply follow these steps:
- 1) Select the camera app from home screen. If you have an inbuilt camera in your computer, the app will just ask you “Let Windows camera access your location” the first time you use it. Allow these permissions if you wish to use the app. If you do not have an in-built camera, the app will ask you to connect one and it is as simple as plugging the chosen webcam into your computer.
- 2) Next click on Yes to continue. The camera app will open and you should see yourself staring back into it.
- 3) Click on the camera icon to take your photo. You should hear a shutter click when it’s been taken and your photo will end up in the Pictures folder under Camera Roll.
- 4) Many devices have 2 cameras and you may be presented with the Change Camera option. If this is the case for you, click on it and you can switch to use the camera facing away from you. Click on Change Camera again to switch back to the self-portrait direction.
- 5) Configure the Settings to your needs using the button situated in the upper right corner of the camera window. Among the settings options you’ll find Self Timers, delay options up to 10 seconds and more.
Websites to Edit and Take Photos With Webcam
With Webcam Toy
you can take fun selfies with access to over 80 effects. You simply need to give access to your camera and start exploring the numerous effects offered. The website will not save your photos online unless you choose to do so and there is no downloading required. It is also available as a Chrome Extension
acts as an online photo booth using your webcam to take photos. You can add a multitude of effects and even upload photos to social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. The interface is very easy to use and settings include timers, fun filters, photo size and more.
is another online photo booth that features over 55 fun webcam effects. You can keep all your webcam pics in your private library, edit and publish them online if you wish or even create custom photo booth wallet-size prints and stickers.
Image: © 123RF.com