Deep freeze is a system administrating
software that is used to protect the integrity of the OS and to restore the original settings of a computer or server every time it gets restarted. As Deep freeze is a software related to computer administration, it is crucial to know the password if you are planning to uninstall it from the system. In the event of the password being forgotten or not knowing it, there is a solution. The trick is to use Windows Task Manager
under debugging mode
and kill the process associated with Deep freeze. After this one can restart and boot normally.
I wondered if Deep Freeze can be uninstalled without knowing the password?
- 1. Restart your PC
- 2. Press DEL or F2 shortcut to CMOS setup in short go to CMOS setup
- 3. Change the date to 10 years backwards or forwards. Then save it and restart PC
- 4. Before the Windows logo comes onscreen Press F8. There you can select safe mode, safe mode with network, etc.
- 5. Choose Debug mode or Debugging Mode
- 6. In Debug mode select the OS you use, for example Windows XP Pro
- 7. This requires quick hands: when Windows XP starts, wait until the welcome screen appears and get ready to press CTRL+ALT+DEL shortcut key for task manager
- 8. After the Windows XP welcome screen, the Windows desktop will appear. Quickly hit CTRL+ALT+DEL
- 9. Press D 'D is the shortcut key to locate the process DFServ' or you can locate it using your mouse. After locating it press DEL 'to kill the process DFServ.'
- 10. If successful, restart your PC and boot it in normal mode. There you can see the deepfreeze icon will be marked X, meaning it has been disabled. Now you can uninstall it using Deep freeze installer
After taking these steps, don't forget to change back your time in CMOS.
If you get the message "access denied", try again.
Look further in Processes. You need to kill one more Process, FrzState2k.exe; just wait for a while depending on your system speed. Now you will see that deep freeze icon has gone.
1- Go to the C:\Program Files\Faronics folder and select and SHIFT Delete the whole folder,
2- Open regedit - go to" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and look for Faronics Folder" hit the Delete button on your keyboard and when asked click yes, job done.
This should fix the problem.
Thanks to bluserver and ICE
for this tip on the forum.
Published by aakai1056
Latest update on March 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM by Celia Gatward.