The Asus Netbook possesses a very simple and quick to use restore utility. Restoration is available through a recovery partition, or from the recovery DVD that includes a utility for drivers (external DVD drive will be required). One part will be devoted to restoring from a USB key, for those who no longer have the recovery partition or external DVD drive, but it will still provide the DVD for purchase. Read on to restore your Asus Netbook to its factory settings.
Disable Boot Booster
- The Boost Booster option will remove the bios screen of the Netbook at startup and this option is enabled by default on the purchase.
- Turn on your Netbook normally, and immediately press the F2 key until you reach the Setup Utility, which allows access to the bios options, including Boost Booster.
- Using the arrow keys, move to the Boot tab, then click the Boot Booster option. Press the Enter key, then turn the option to Disabled to disable it.
- Go to the last tab, Exit and save changes.
Restore from the Recovery Partition
- Start your Netbook and press the F9 key on your keyboard until you see a loading screen.
- The restoration program prepares the files needed for the operation.
- A message appears asking if you want to perform the operation. You will lose all files on your machine.
- Confirm by clicking ?.
- The restore process is done automatically, without any human intervention.
- At the end of restoration, the machine will reboot on its own and make configurations.
- A restart is performed again, and you find yourself on the setup process of Windows, same as the first boot after buying the Netbook.
Image: © 123RF.com