Safari is a web browser which comes already installed with Apple devices such as Macs, iPods, iPhones and others. Using this browser you can easily save web pages in the PDF format. It comes in handy if you want to save your important emails, favourite web pages or articles which you would like to read later. This article will show you how to create PDF documents of web pages using Safari.
How to Save Web Pages in PDF Files on Mac
There are three different ways to save your web page as a PDF document in Safari. You can use Print options, Export as PDF function or Reader View.
Save a Web Page Using Print Options
Export a Web Page as PDF
You can simply export your page as PDF in Safari. Open Safari browser and the desired web page, then click on the File menu and choose Export as PDF option. Set the file name and choose a file destination. Press Save.
Save a Web Page Using Reader View in Safari
Reader View in Safari helps you to see your web page in a more convenient way of reading. The font is bigger and the layout looks more like the one you can find in books or printed journals and magazines so it’s more convenient to use for documents with a lot of text.
Open the article you would like to save in Safari. Pull down the View menu and choose the Show Reader.
Next click on the File menu and Export as PDF. Choose the file destination, press Save and enjoy reading.
Note: Some websites will not allow you to use the Reader View due to its ability to hide ads. If this is the case, the Show Reader button will be greyed out.
Photo by Dan Counsell on Unsplash
- How to save webpage as pdf on mac
- How to save a webpage as a pdf on mac - Best answers
- How to save a page as a pdf on mac - Best answers
- How to save jpg as pdf on mac - How-To - MacOS
- How to save powerpoint as pdf with hyperlinks - How-To - Powerpoint
- Save Documents to PDF Format in Windows 10 - How-To - Windows 10
- How to save a website on a mac - How-To - MacOS
- How to save snapshot in pdf - How-To - PDF