Since a lot of people are now switching to Telegram messenger after the new WhatsApp data policy changes, Telegram made it possible to import your WhatsApp chats history. This feature is already available for iOS and Android devices. In this article, you will find a step-by-step guide about how to transfer your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Note: You can't transfer all your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram at once - you'll have to transfer each chat separately.
To import WhatsApp chats to Telegram, you need the latest versions of both apps.
How to Move Your Chats History from WhatsApp to Telegram
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone/iPad and enter the chat you want to transfer. Then, tap on the contact’s name on top of your screen to access the Contact info
2. Select the Export chat
option in the bottom of the menu.
3. Next, select Telegram
from the sharing menu.
4. Telegram will ask you where you would like to import the messages: to one of your contacts, groups or saved messages that are visible only for you. You can select your Saved Messages
and then tap on Send
to keep the chat to yourself.
On Android Devices
1. In your WhatsApp
app, go to the chat you want to transfer.
2. Tap the Menu
icon (three vertical dots).
3. Next, select More
. Go to Export Chat
and select the Telegram
option from the Share
Other New Features in the Telegram Latest Update
The latest update also added a number of other features to the Telegram messenger:
Photo – © Christian Wiediger - Unsplash.com
- removing "without trace" existing groups and secret chats from the chat list;
- deletion of call history from the chat list;
- volume adjustment for individual participants in voice chats;
- feature to complain about a group or fake channels.