Since a lot of people are now switching to Telegram messenger after the new WhatsApp data policy changes, Telegram made it possible to import your WhatsApp chats history. This feature is already available for iOS and Android devices. In this article, you will find a step-by-step guide about how to transfer your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Note: You can't transfer all your chats from WhatsApp to Telegram at once - you'll have to transfer each chat separately.
To import WhatsApp chats to Telegram, you need the latest versions of both apps.
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone/iPad and enter the chat you want to transfer. Then, tap on the contact’s name on top of your screen to access the Contact info menu.
2. Select the Export chat option in the bottom of the menu.
4. Telegram will ask you where you would like to import the messages: to one of your contacts, groups or saved messages that are visible only for you. You can select your Saved Messages and then tap on Send to keep the chat to yourself.
1. In your WhatsApp app, go to the chat you want to transfer.
2. Tap the Menu icon (three vertical dots).
3. Next, select More. Go to Export Chat and select the Telegram option from the Share menu.
The latest update also added a number of other features to the Telegram messenger:
Photo – © Christian Wiediger - Unsplash.com