If you're using Windows, it's possible to create your own Icons using the Paint tool. These icons can be customized and used on any application you wish. Continue reading this article to find out how to make your own Icons in Windows.
Make an Icon with Paint
Windows comes equipped with Paint, a tool that allows you to rapidly create custom icons using the image and pictures stored on your hard drive. To get started, open Paint by going to Start<bold/> > <bold>All Programs > Accessories > Paint<.bold>. Then open the image in <bold>Paint, click on File > Save As:
In the window that appears, enter a name for the icon and as extension use .ico. Under Type select Bitmap 24-bit (*.Bmp, *.Dib) and click on Save.
Image: © Microsoft.
- How to create an icon
- How to make an icon file - Best answers
- How to make an icon - Best answers
- Create desktop icon for website chrome - How-To - Google Chrome
- Create custom icons windows 10 - How-To - Multimedia
- How to create custom desktop icons - How-To - Windows
- How can I create a desktop icon for Hotmail ✓ - Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com
- State information about number and size of partition created - Articles