The discussions

Autopop info on sheet based on criteria from master sheet.

Hi All, I am creating a Master spreadsheet that has information across rows. I want this information to auto-populate on a different spreadsheet dep...

4 replies Last reply on 27 Apr 2017 by
vcoolio

Date format not valid

Hello, Sir i would like you to help me on the following problem, i am filling an application form and i have done everything but on the date side ...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Apr 2017 by
Zohaib R

Splitting data from worksheet to workbooks based on column

Hello, The code gives prompts me to enter the column on which the split needs to be done, but soon after that thrown an error:Run-time error '1--4...

1 reply Last reply on 26 Apr 2017 by
Zohaib R

If/and function

i need to update a spreadsheet on the progress of documents being approved. i want to create a function that states if the document is "approved" (...

4 replies Last reply on 26 Apr 2017 by
Zohaib R

Shortcut to edit a cell without using f2 key

Solved

Hello, I'm working in excel (excel 2010) and using a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard. Normally to edit a cell, I would select the cell and hit F2, bu...

7 replies Last reply on 25 Apr 2017 by
BenFromSingapore

Selecting a block of cells depending on the values of two others

Hi all I'm pretty new to macros and I have been unable to find the answer to this question anywhere. I'm trying to write a macro that will selec...

4 replies Last reply on 25 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Conditional formatting based on column of values

Hello, I would like to do conditional formatting column B if its part of text matches with values in any cell of column C. Could you please help m...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Macro to create worksheets and copy data from a summary page

I have a workbook called Sales Commission and sheet 1 is my summary page. I want to write a macro that will look at the summary page and from column ...

1 reply Last reply on 25 Apr 2017 by
vcoolio

Conditional format if hyperlink

Solved

Hello, In my workbook I have conditional format background color is green if there are a certain value in the cell. The text in the cell has font co...

12 replies Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Convert a sentence in a cell with the american date

Hello, I am trying to convert a sentence in a cell with the American date last to the sentence with Canadian date last. ex. CASH OVER/SHORT 04/01...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Copy and paste values automatically to empty cells below

Hi - for background, I created a "slot Machine" in excel that combines three random number generators and generates either a -$1 or +$10 if you don't ...

1 reply Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Vba help needed

Hello, I have written code to prompt the user to state how many new sheets they want to add. But I need for the data on the "Main" sheet to always ...

5 replies Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Compare the words in 2 columns in excel

Solved

I gt two different excel file . So now my task is to compare the words in the entire columns in excel file 1 and excel file 2 , then output a new colu...

11 replies Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Drop down menu, copy/transfer 2 new sheets only if cell has data

Hello, I am trying to create a sheet that references items if they are selected from another sheet from a drop down menu. IF they are selected then...

13 replies Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Excel forum within a range

Solved

Good day I am looking for a formula PLEASE. Example Column A, Column B, Column C, Column D, Column E, Column F No, Start, End, ...

2 replies Last reply on 24 Apr 2017 by
Gerberreinette

Need to delete columns based on column header

Solved

Hello, I need to have an macro which will delete the columns from my excel based on the Column header. Exsample: I have the columns, Name...

7 replies Last reply on 21 Apr 2017 by
topazfae

Compare 2 columns on different sheets and move data when match

Hello, I need to match 2 columns of data from 2 different worksheets and when they match, I need to move data from another column from one workshe...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Copying an entire list of formulas into another work sheet

Hello, I have a list of sumif statements that I would like to copy from one excelsheet to another. Can this be done all at once, without changing ...

1 reply Last reply on 21 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Auto generate dates

Hi All, I am currently working a excel formula to input a Revision_Date in column A then it will auto generate the number of days per month(only we...

1 reply Last reply on 20 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Summery sheets

Dear All, I am maintaining a File in Excel for Employee's Vacation and every year has a different file. In this file I am adding a new Sheet by the...

TrowaD

Auto generation of code

Solved/Closed

Hello, we facing issue in the auto generatation of vcode. it asking CUSTOMIZE HERE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS . what code to be fill for this? kar...

TrowaD

What is the numbe shoud be instead of ??

what is the Numbe shoud be instead of ?? My Values fixed No Results 70064 ?? -11 1721118038 ?? ...

TrowaD

Need macro to copy certain data from a form on one tab to a log

Hello, Trying to copy data from a form on one tab to a log/data list on another tab and advance to the next line on the log for the next user ...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Vba coding to copy data from one worksheet to another worksheet

Hello, I would like to know how to use vba coding to automatically copy data from one worksheet to another worksheet based on a specific criteria an...

3 replies Last reply on 19 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Filter between 2 dates

Hello, please i want to filter data between 2 dates (start date and end date) with textbox and button command, i am new to programming in vba; plea...

1 reply Last reply on 19 Apr 2017 by
kadrleyn

Excel - a macro to create new workbook and copy data

Solved/Closed

In the example below, I want to copy Column A starting from row 2 ie: "Age" till the value available ie: "Code and column B starting from row 2 ie: "2...

29 replies Last reply on 18 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Excel - macro to create multiple sheets

Solved

Hello, I have 16 sheets in excel. each of those represent a location (office) and they need to pull information from sheet1. This is for credit ...

5 replies Last reply on 14 Apr 2017 by
vcoolio

Comparing columns and returning value

Solved/Closed

Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet where I want to compare values between two columns and return the value from another column. EX: Column: A...

35 replies Last reply on 14 Apr 2017 by
kittu

How do i calculate vat inclusive

Hello, how do i calculate VAT inclusiev? for example, TZS 849235 is vat inclusive, how do I take out the VAT? Taking VAT as 18% System Configur...

1 reply Last reply on 13 Apr 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Change of date

Hello, I Want to change date format mm/dd/yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy in MS Excel 2003 Please solve my problem urgently System Configuration: Windows ...

1 reply Last reply on 12 Apr 2017 by
BunoCS

Import .pdf ...?

Solved

Hello everybody, Thanks so much for this thread, it has been extremely helpful! I have used the basic code suggested by Trowa, and it works for...

2 replies Last reply on 12 Apr 2017 by
RickRoll

Highlight date range if cell containing date falls within that range

Good day! I have a list of static date ranges and would like to highlight a range if a date occuring in that range populates in a different cell....

5 replies Last reply on 10 Apr 2017 by
Zohaib R

Freezing column and row

Hello, how do you freeze first column and top row in excel?

1 reply Last reply on 10 Apr 2017 by
vcoolio

Change a cell content according with the color of another cell

Hello, I´m using Excel and need to change the VALUE of a cell (need to appear "-") if the COLOR of another cell is PURPLE. After digging around wit...

1 reply Last reply on 9 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Pasting and deleting macro

Hello, I need to create a macro that paste macro buttons from one spread sheet to another spread sheet, but when I try to do this and assign the mac...

3 replies Last reply on 9 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Nestle fomula nightmare!!

Sorry - fixing mini typo Hello - any help!! Going bald ripping hair out trying to resolve! I want to return a value "Q1" if a date falls between...

4 replies Last reply on 8 Apr 2017 by
Zaps11

Need help on excel macro

I need help to create a macro which helps me to get data from 'Sheet1' and paste that number of counts in 'Sheet2' for example, i have a table in s...

1 reply Last reply on 8 Apr 2017 by
Zohaib R

Edate in excel help

Hello... I have a training for log for a large number of staff for various different courses which have all been completed at various different dates ...

Zohaib R

Excel for mac date formatting

Hello, I have two columns one for the month/day and one for the year. When I formatted the month/day column it automatically adds the year in whi...

Zohaib R

Format excel data

Hello, i need to modify the data in my excel. Right now the data looks something like this: case A start 51 stop 55 ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Apr 2017 by
Zohaib R

Copy rows from one tab to another - if specific criteria in col

Hello, In a file, I am trying to copy data from one row of a worksheet if specific criteria are met in one column to another worksheet. Ex: ...

1 reply Last reply on 7 Apr 2017 by
vcoolio

Formula

Solved

I need some help with a formula, everything I try just doesn't work. I usually don't have this problem with Excel today is my day. I have a colum...

2 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2017 by
ehmetcalf

Help for time reminder in excel

Hello, I entered some date in excel and I need to be reminded one day before that expected date !! How do I code it so that I will get a reminder ...

3 replies Last reply on 6 Apr 2017 by
Jerrychan38

Graduate number in a cell

Hello, I have this database on Excel that I want to create. One of the columns will have the date of birth (DOB) and another column will have the...

1 reply Last reply on 6 Apr 2017 by
Mazzaropi

Software for finanicial

how can i get a software for account system tally ,quickbook

1 reply Last reply on 5 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

Countif coloring of cells that were used.

Hello, I would like to color cells (or a row) that were used for "countif" values. for example, at my work, i have to indicate private calls f...

3 replies Last reply on 5 Apr 2017 by
ac3mark

I cant get rid of the false function

Hello, I don't know whats wrong with this formula =IF(C4="Single",K4*1, IF(C4="Twin",K4*2, IF(C4="Quad",K4*4))) It keeps saying false in the ce...

vcoolio

Automatically copy contents from multiple shts to a summary sht.

Hello, I've an appointment sheet for each client of mine with their details. lets say like 50 sheets. I'd like to create a summary sheet from all ...

vcoolio

Excel codes

Hello, I would like to be able to set up a spread sheet so when I type March on sheet1 in column A it copies the entire row onto sheet 2

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD

Vba code

Hello, sir , i am trying to copy data from one row and paste that data into column of another sheet. this process is continuous till all row no...

1 reply Last reply on 3 Apr 2017 by
TrowaD
Results 1051 - 1100 out of a total of 7,061