The discussions

Comparing data

I have two sheets with data, for example product name, quantities sold and price. All product names on sheet 1 may not be there on sheet 2. So what i ...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
mattgdunn

Two lists of names that are jumbled up

Hello, How are you all? I have two lists of names, one has all the names (A) e.g. Michael Luis Stevens, the other does not or the name is jumbl...

1 reply Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
mattgdunn

Excel vba to open a eula script when opening a spesific workbook

Solved

Hi Everyone I am busy designing a training pack with formulas in a excel workbook using MS Excel 2013 and have it already password protected using vb...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
vcoolio

Vba macro copy and paste loop help

I need to create a macro that allows me to copy and paste a set of formulas/values down a certain number of times. For example, if I had the following...

3 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
ac3mark

Conditional formatting

Hello, Can someone help in figuring out a formula. If in the spreadsheet I enter under the condition column "good" or "bad" I need the next column...

4 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
Mazzaropi

I need your help with macro's please

Hi there, I have been doing some reading up & watching YouTube tutorials regarding Macro's that will copy data from one sheet to another if certain c...

5 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
TrowaD

If value in column a exists between values in column b and c

Hello, Looking for assistance on the following: I want to know if value 302000000 (column A) exists between value range 382777400 (column B) and...

5 replies Last reply on 2 Jun 2016 by
vcoolio

Copy all rows with specific name to new sheet

Solved

Dear Friend, Am having a Excel Timesheet with following columns SITE - EMP NAME - EMP ID - EMP JOB TITLE - DATE - TIME IN -TIME OUT - TOTAL - NOR...

15 replies Last reply on 1 Jun 2016 by
vcoolio

Vba to change cell colors and highlight rows

Here is what I have going on. I have a spread sheet, across the top are the dates of days that my crew works and the first column is everyone on the c...

2 replies Last reply on 1 Jun 2016 by
mikkelsheeto

Macro that will allow tab 1 's information to be copy to tab 2

Solved

Hello, Please help. My Excel Workbook has two tabs. Tab 1 contains all project information such as project number, customer name, project name, co...

2 replies Last reply on 28 May 2016 by
HappyPerson

Transfer a row of data from one sheet to another same workbook

Solved

Hello, I am trying to transfer a row of data from one sheet to another in the same workbook but my code is not working could anyone help me thanks...

25 replies Last reply on 28 May 2016 by
vcoolio

Compare two cells in excel and if matches need to print its adja

Hello, I want to compare two cells in excel and if matches need to print its adjacent value in next column. for example: I need to compare colu...

1 reply Last reply on 27 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Convert number to letters in excel

Solved

Hello, I have to define the numbers to their associated letters and based on the combination of numbers the next cell should show the letters. ...

25 replies Last reply on 27 May 2016 by
hachiya

Convert date of birth into words

Solved

Sir, Kindly help me in changing date of birth into words. Example:20.03.2001 as twenty march two thousand one

vcoolio

Macro copy paste from one to another based on cell value

Hello, I have two sheets. Phase I and Phase II. Phase I I have columns A-J. Im looking for a macro which would copy columns A-F and paste it to she...

vcoolio

Automatically moving data

Solved

Hello, I have a master data sheet that one column in the sheet that represents a sub set of the data. When I add information to the master sheet, I ...

22 replies Last reply on 27 May 2016 by
vcoolio

Moving data

Hello Peeps, I'm having some trouble with using a macro to copy some data from one sheet across multiple. I have a master sheet that contains train...

2 replies Last reply on 26 May 2016 by
vcoolio

Find word within cell & put "value from a list" in adjacent

Hello, If cell A contains a short statement (e.g: 'supply of computers', 'supply of furniture', 'construction of water taps' and 'construction ...

3 replies Last reply on 26 May 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Create macro to create worksheets based summary sheet

Hello, I have an extremely long list of inventory items by department number. What I want to do is create a individual worksheet for each departme...

4 replies Last reply on 25 May 2016 by
vcoolio

Autofill and open worksheet

Hello, I am wanting to be able to search and open worksheets by typing the beginning of a worksheet. I have worksheets X,Y,Z and if I begin typi...

5 replies Last reply on 25 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Search cell for multiple text strings, return each found value

Hello, I have a basic function to search a cell for a specific text string (in this case, the name of an application) and return a value to anoth...

1 reply Last reply on 25 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Need vba help

Im pretty sure i will need VBA for this issue and I have no clue. I setting up an online store and I would like to track all my stock and transaction...

1 reply Last reply on 25 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Due date alert from excel file when windows startup

Hi, I need clarification that we can create due date alert from an Excel file when windows start up. Is it possible. If yes, Please advice how to c...

3 replies Last reply on 25 May 2016 by
ac3mark

How to create an text based spreadsheet

I have access to Excel 2010 in an MS Office Suites. What I am try to do is to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a designated code (i.e. A1, A2...

3 replies Last reply on 24 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Location master file in excel

Solved

I have location master file in excel. 1) I have another file in A2 column there is a address like 422, Ashok Vihar, New Delhi, 2) i want to brin...

1 reply Last reply on 24 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Create new excel file from existing excel file.

Hello, I want to create a command button in a existing excel file that will pop-open a new excel file. (it will be good if it ask me "Save as" for ...

ac3mark

If "yes" in a column copy other cells to the next tab.

Hi Guys, I have a sheet with participant names and a lot of other information about their attendance. What I am trying to do is to copy their name ...

vcoolio

Sales invoice in sheet1 and create summary table in sheet2

hi im working on sales/inventory worksheet. i made the sales invoices in sheet1, now i want all the details of sales invoice in sheet 2 to create ...

1 reply Last reply on 23 May 2016 by
vcoolio

If statements

Solved

Hello, I have a scenario working with a time sheet. So basically the way payments work is from 30 minutes to 5 hours is automatically 5 hours of w...

ac3mark

Date formatting

I would appreciate if someone can help me here. When I export transaction list from a Bank Account for example, the dates for some reason appear in d...

ac3mark

Auto update data between sheets

Hello, I have 3 sheets with data table all linked to sheet #4. how to set that every time a new data is entered on one of the 3 sheets it will ap...

1 reply Last reply on 22 May 2016 by
vcoolio

Conditional formatting in excel 2010

Hello, In a celll that contains an if fumula which calculates if a cell is an "Actual" or Forecast" based on a drop down box selection, I would ...

1 reply Last reply on 21 May 2016 by
rramesh99

Code to copy entire row into sheet two or three

Hello, I created an excel document with different rows. I would like the ability to transfer these rows to either sheet 2, 3 or 4 based on either ...

5 replies Last reply on 20 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Counting names separately

Hello, I would like to request that how to count names separately if in any one columns contains more than one names. Such as it is given below: ...

2 replies Last reply on 20 May 2016 by
smuneeb

Conditional format range if one cell contains certain text

Hello, I'm looking to use conditional formatting to make the cell next to a particular recurring word (for example, "new") highlighted. I have a s...

1 reply Last reply on 19 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Creating macro to search two values and delete them

Hello, I´m new here. but I´ll try to do my best. I am looking for a macro where I can search in the column "I" all the values between two value...

1 reply Last reply on 16 May 2016 by
vcoolio

Verifing-vin numbers

Solved

Good Afternoon, I have two Excel Worksheets, Mobile Equipment List, and USDOTALLBasics. Both contain the Vehicle Id Numbers. Is there a way to comp...

4 replies Last reply on 16 May 2016 by
AndreOrion

Dates from an if statement

Hello, I ve selected some dates via a simple if statement and can see the dates in the cell where I want them. But when I try to use them in anoth...

2 replies Last reply on 14 May 2016 by
Ian

.xlsx, xls file

Hi, I am not able to open the MS Excel file i receive in xlsx or xls format.How can i open it ? Thanks, Manwendra

1 reply Last reply on 14 May 2016 by
Tabeer

Weekly totals

Hello, I have a column of dates and a column of transactions. Often there are multiple transactions on the same day. How can I enter a formula in ...

25 replies Last reply on 13 May 2016 by
micoban

To find a word in a sentence columnwise

Hello, I am trying to find a particular word in a set of sentences columnwise. For example cells A1:A100 has the sentences and cell B1:B20 has the...

1 reply Last reply on 13 May 2016 by
ac3mark

If date exists (or any value) in b2, return value of 1 to c2

Hello, If for example there is a value of a date in column B (Row b2 or other) I need it to return a value of 1 in column C (C2 and corresponding)...

3 replies Last reply on 12 May 2016 by
T

Using formula for conditional formatting

Hello, Excel 2013 I need to add an if formula that creates conditional formatting and I get the basics of it but my formula is not working It's ...

1 reply Last reply on 12 May 2016 by
Mazzaropi

Formula that searches in a row for a cell/column that contains

Solved

Hi. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could assist me with the following formula in excel: I would like a formula that searches in a ro...

2 replies Last reply on 12 May 2016 by
Zellie

Removing a returned value of false in excel

Hello, Here is my formula. Please tell me how I can eliminate the FALSE value for cells that don't fall within the date range (e.g. cells with dat...

1 reply Last reply on 11 May 2016 by
ac3mark

Error in vba

Solved

Hey, So I Have the following code: Sub GesamtlisteAenderung(ByVal Target As Range) Dim x As Integer If Intersect(Target, Columns("B:...

Newmie2013

Automatically transfer data from one sheet to another

Hello, I have never done anything like this and i just watched a video that got me the first two correct columns in the second sheet but i am unable...

vcoolio

Extracting data from sheets added everyhour

is there a way to extract data from sheets i add? like if i have data from multiple hours but i put all the data in one book but in different hours is...

6 replies Last reply on 10 May 2016 by
TrowaD

Replace function in macro

Solved

Hello, I would like to request that in the range D11 to D510 if "-" or " -" or "- " this found then it would be replace with " ". Please do it ...

6 replies Last reply on 10 May 2016 by
TrowaD

Securing a excel workbook

Solved

Hey! I Need to save a Workbook strictly as a Template where the peolple at work can't screw it up. I'd like to have it so that they can open my...

2 replies Last reply on 10 May 2016 by
Newmie2013
Results 1651 - 1700 out of a total of 7,061